BCM20736S flow control question

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know which pin on the BCM20736S is its RTS pin?

0 Likes
1 Solution

P1 is tied to the WP pin of the embedded EEPROM, so RTS is not available via the PUART on the module.  This is why the RTS pin no longer appears as a GPIO option in the datasheet.

CTS should still be available.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ShawnA_01
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the link. Did a bit of hunting & still found the documentation was referencing other BCM2073X parts. For a definitive answer it would be nice to know which pin or pins correspond to the PUART_RTS from a document labelled for the BCM20736S.

I've looked through the BCM20736S Technical Reference Manual & extracted the following information. The only reference to an RTS was a timing diagram, no reference to pin allocation. Does this mean the BCM20736S doesn't support PUART_RTS?

Screenshot 2014-10-21 10.58.22.png

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

P1 can be used as UART RTS.

For detail, please see a document below.

WICED™ Smart Hardware Interfaces

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

from the TRM P1 is described as:

Screenshot 2014-10-21 11.41.06.png

How does the use of P1 as PUART_RTS interact with the WP of the EEPROM? Is the 10K pull-up still a requirement?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

10k pull-up is required for P1 of BCM20736S.

I think you can use P1 as PUART_RTS anyway.

But I'm not sure that bleprofile_WriteNVRAM() works properly with it.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

is P1 the only Pin that can be used for PUART_RTS on the BCM20736S?

0 Likes

P1 is tied to the WP pin of the embedded EEPROM, so RTS is not available via the PUART on the module.  This is why the RTS pin no longer appears as a GPIO option in the datasheet.

CTS should still be available.