GSM modem interface with PSOC 3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any application note on interfacing GSM modem with PSoC 3. primarly i want to interface the GSM modem with PSoC 3 and communicate with Hyperteminal by sending and recieving simple text messages.

0 Likes
11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

We do not have any project or App Note for GSM modem. However, it is easy interface any GSM modem with PSoC via UART. Any GSM modem can accept commands from PSoC. These commands are called AT commands. Different AT commands sent from PSoC to GSM modem is interpreted differently and the modem performs suitable operation. Hence, a possible implementation to interface GSM modem with PSoC is to connect, the GSM modem to RX and TX lines of PSoC and send AT commands. Each GSM modem datasheet provides a set of AT Commands that the modem can accept. Go through this datasheet and send these commands from PSoC. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cbraj,

You can download a sample project on UART and modify it to send AT commands to send and receive text messages from GSM Modem.

You can connect the GSM modem to a PC to send and receive text messages via Hyperterminal. In this case UART is used for communication between the GSM modem and PC.

When you are interfacing the GSM Modem with PSoC, you are replacing the PC with PSoC so that the UART is used to send AT commands to GSM modem by PSoC.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cbraj,

If we take an example of GSM modem SIM300, then the AT commands which have to be used to send text message would be something like this:

AT+CMGF=1 0x0D

AT+CMGS="xxxxxxxxxx" 0x0D

"Message to be sent" 0x1A

Here 0x0D is the Carriage Return (Equivalent of this in PC is the 'Enter' key).

The equivalent of 0x1A in PC is 'Control + Z'.

xxxxxxxxxx refers to the phone number to which the text message is to be sent.

These commands have to be sent via UART.

A project is attached which demonstrates the sending of these commands. You can modify it according to your requirement.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

sir im using psoc 5lp, divice cy8c5868ax1-lp035, when i want to interface gsm model with psoc board , In the device mannager there port or other device option is not there means its not detecting usb cable, When connected between psoc board and loptop. i think i did not have device driver can help me any body to download that device driver softwere.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Are you using a development kit? Which one?? Which version of Creator are you using???

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

sir im using AXIOS 1.0 PSOC5 based development kit, and its psoc creator 2.2

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

sir im using psoc 5lp, divice cy8c5868ax1-lp035, when i want to interface gsm model with psoc board , In the device mannager there port or other device option is not there means its not detecting usb cable, When connected between psoc board and loptop. i think i did not have device driver can help me any body to download that device driver softwere.

This is Psoc dovelopent kit that is psoc creater 2.2 version. please help me to download driver sopftware for this version.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I would suggest you to download and install Creator 3.0. The 2.2 version may not support PSoC5 LP.

Have a look here: secure.cypress.com/psoccreator/ Probably a registration is required.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Creator 2.2 does support 5LP, from the release notes below -

However Bob is correct, 3.0 fixes bugs and components in 2.2, latest release

should be used whenever possible.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

sir this is my project , im doing interface gsm modem through UART  cable.the connection are UART cable between gsm modem and max232 card, the max card have 4pins Tx and Rx connected to psoc board, and USBFS cable between pc and PSoC boar,so i want to send and recieves messages from gsm modem, please  send  me program for this .

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

As U2 and Gautam Das stated earlier there are example programs in Creator you can

adapt.

"File"

"Example Project"

0 Likes