Stepping through code just executes timer interrupt

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to stop the timers when code execution stops? when I step throuh the code I get stuck in my Millisecond timer interrupt and just steps through it over and over. When I program the device and let it run it all acts normally. It also acts normally in the debugger until I try to step through the code.

0 Likes
9 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

This is (sadly said) normal behaveour. When your program halts at a breakpoint your internal hardware keeps on running, so the next interrupt from your timer gets pending and as soon as you try to leave your interrupt handler it becomes active. When you reach your BP you may switch off (disable) interrupts using the icon on top of Creators page in the run/debug area.

Bob

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Yes, there is. I think ist somewhere in the debig configuration, and is called like 'disabled interrupts while single-step' or so. I always forget wher it is 😞

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

" I think ist somewhere in the debig configuration, and is called like 'disabled interrupts while single-step' or so"

That is what I'm looking for. Every other Micr debug environment I have used has had that.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

" I think ist somewhere in the debig configuration, and is called like 'disabled interrupts while single-step' or so"

That is what I'm looking for. Every other Micr debug environment I have used has had that.

0 Likes
markgsaunders
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

There is a button in the toolbar - when you are debugging - that lets you disable/enable interrupts during the debug session. Looks like a lightning bolt crossed out.

-- Mark

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

Oh, and I was looking for a option in some preference dialog every time... No wonder I cannot remember were it was 😞

0 Likes
markgsaunders
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

We thought about making it an option but decided users would prefer to be able to switch it on and off with wild abandon!

-- Mark.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

And its better that way, agreed.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Whats about writing a KB-entry about this theme? As far as I remember (and I'm getting old) there must have been 10 threads regarding this theme which I answered.

A well tagged KB with options as in goolgle to search for (with + and -) would help everyone saving time and getting precise answers.

Bob

0 Likes