developing an external host application with cy8cplc20

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I looked at the application note AN52478 for the cy8cplc10. I am developing a project with cy8cplc20 with an external host samd20 from atmel.  There are functions which are available in low level  such as PLC_I2C_start in plc_i2c  and high level such as PLC_INIT in plc.c.

When I choose the FSK+network+ I2C option for the plc20, there are limited functions available to me such as plc start and plc poll. I cant add a  hardware i2c block similar to the one in your application since a resource is already present. If I choose the I2C given in the plc20, I can only access limited functions.    

Could you please guide me on the development of the software. I want to develop the application such that the atmel has control over the plc at higher level. I need to be able to send commands to the plc . i.e- send message, read message change a parameter etc. Would I be able to do this by choosing PLC+network+I2C or should I develop it using a HW block. Could you please advise on this as well.    

0 Likes
2 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Consider using SPI, One Wire, or UART for the command interface.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks dana,

but the cy8cplc20 has a built in i2c to interface with. i can read and write to the memory registers. I wanna know whether theres a default configuration for the PLT so i can call it

0 Likes