Different port connection for debug/release build possible?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RaAl_264636
Level 6
Level 6
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored
        Hi, I wonder if it's possible to have different port connections for debug and release builds. In fact it's the build dependent use of a cydwr ressource file. The only forum thread I found is here: http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&rID=69775 but it's unanswered. If I didn't miss something it seems that this is currently only possible by creating two cydwr files and two projects, right? Regards, Ralf   
0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

This will be a high demand feature!

My project also targets several hardware revisions (pin layouts, bootloaders), while there should always be the same firmware.

To solve this problem, I created some batch files for each target (simple build scripts), that (de)activate components in the top schematic (luckily console creator allows this) and copy the .cydwr files from a template folder. The the project will be build.

If cypress could integrate user creatable build profiles (more than just debug, release), each targeting different top schematics and .cydwr files, it will be perfect 🙂

Also there must be a pre / post build command for integrating svn and user build scripts. I wished this several times through the support.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        the other approach we've taken with our bootloaders is to put ALL of the design on a component. then we can parameterize it and drop it on the top design. then we make multiple projects in the same workspace with differering parameters and .cdrw for differing hardware. a little trouble but it works.   
0 Likes
RaAl_264636
Level 6
Level 6
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hi,

@abnoname:

can you give more details on your approach, please? I think it's worth a try.

@psoc-ed:

Your approach is a project for each different hardware (connection), right? If there are only a few types of hardware this might work, but if a project setting has to be changed, it has to be done on each project. However, it seems to be 'cleanest' way to do it.

In fact, Cypress should add those features to PC, this would increase flexibility. And if a build process can output the files for each defined configuration at once it would be nice.

Regards,

Ralf

0 Likes