Need Updated Firmware - Anchor Chips Python WDM Encoder

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi, I have a CY7C68013A device which when it loads its firmware, re-enumerates to Anchor Chips, Inc Python WDM Encoder. I know Anchor was bought by Cypress in 1999, so I'm a little worried about getting new firmware, although what I have is crashing the USB stack in Debian Testing these days. I've downloaded the EZ-USB FX3 SDK v 1.3.1 for Linux and looked for a proper FX2 hex file, but the closest ones are only 8 and 42 bytes, whereas my old one is 22KB. Can anyone advise?   
0 Likes
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone still working on FX2 firmware?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Which device are you using (Cy7c68013A-FX2Lp) or Cy7c68013-FX2?

Which firmware you have used to program the chip?

Regards,

Vikas.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The chip says on it (as far as I can read) CY7C68013A-S6PVXC.

The firmware I load identifies it as:  Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0547:1002 Anchor Chips, Inc. Python2 WDM Encoder.  Before load it's identified as a Cypress device of course. 

The company I bought the device from (Nextcom Wireless)(R5000-HD) has long since gone out of business, but the device is still mostly working save for the regular crashes these days.  It is failing to record regularly, and I'm concerned that it will fail altogether soon if I don't upgrade the firmware.

I've attached the firmware I have, hereto.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe xfce mess up the prior file.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

... and this forum refuses to accept .bz2 files.

So attached is the raw file.  Just remove the .txt extension.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Please upload the firmware.

Regards,

Vikas.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, that's it, right above your post.  r5000.hex.txt just remove the .txt

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

After writing the firmware keil compiler generates the hex file according to the firmware. This is used to program the RAM. From the hex file it is difficult to understand the firmware.

I have tried with the file which you have attached. Device enumerates with VID/PID 0547/1002. It has one OUT endpoint and 2 IN endpoints. As you have mentioned that "It is failing to record regularly", then it can be a hardware issue also.

Please create tech support case    

http://www.cypress.com/support . One of our engineer will assist you further on this issue.

Regards,

Vikas.

0 Likes