CY8CKIT-100

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Looks like a new kit is coming based on processor modules, like

the -001 kit.

From latest programmer release notes -

Support for PSoC 1 Development Kit (CY8CKit 100)

PSoC Programmer 3.18 has added programming support for the PSoC 1 Development Kit (CY8CKit-
100). This development kit provides support for small processor modules, similar to the processor
modules supported on the CY8CKit-001.

The CY8CKit-100 provides programming and debugging  capabilities using a PSoC 3 device. This
device will enumerate as a DVKProg1 from within PSoC Programmer.
This development kit will support a number of PSoC  1 based processor modules as well as one
PSoC 4 based processor module. The PSoC 4 based processor module will support the CY8C41xx
family only.

For the PSoC 1 based processor modules PSoC Programmer has added programming support as
well as enabled programming from within PSoC Designer.

For the PSoC 4 based processor modules both programming and debugging is supported in PSoC
Programmer and PSoC Creator. 

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

As I understood (please correct me when I'm wrong) the PSoC 4 chip has not as much debug capabilities as the PSoC3 or 5.

To avoid creating debug-capable silicon in low volume as was done with PSoC1 and having the need of special hardware (ICE-Cube) there was a new way created: A programmer/debugger interface was created and programmed into -- a PSoC of course. This will now make up the interface between PSoC4 and the PC which as in the -001 kit has been performed by separate hardware. Now to unify those interfaces you can build a board which works that way for all processor-modules with the exeption of PSoC1 which will still need the debug-silicon but probably not the ICE.

This are pure personal assumptions, Cypress: Correct me where I am wrong...

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

Looks like a move to unify the low end into a single kit, ultimately

all PSOC into a single kit ????..........driving development costs and ease

of use.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
ravo
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 5 comments on blog 5 solutions authored
        Hello Is there any details of this kit, or it was discontinued? I just ask because I would like to use SPI in Bridge Control Panel software and here is noted support for DVKProg1 (which could be CY8CKIT-100) Regards Radim   
0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

Found this in Programmer Release notes 2013

Support for PSoC 1 Development Kit (CY8CKit-100)

PSoC Programmer 3.18 has added programming support for the PSoC 1 Development Kit (CY8CKit-
100).  This  development  kit  provides  support  for  small  processor  modules,  similar  to  the  processor
modules supported on the CY8CKit-001.

The  CY8CKit-100  provides  programming  and  debugging  capabilities  using  a  PSoC  3  device.  This
device will enumerate as a DVKProg1 from within PSoC Programmer.
This  development  kit  will  support  a  number  of  PSoC  1  based  processor  modules  as  well  as  one
PSoC 4 based processor module. The PSoC 4 based processor module will support the CY8C41xx
family only.

For the PSoC 1 based processor modules PSoC Programmer has added programming support as
well as enabled programming from within PSoC Designer.
For the PSoC 4 based processor modules both programming and debugging is supported in PSoC
Programmer and PSoC Creator.

Youy might file a CASE, post back here for forum, what was this DVK, what did it evolve to ......

To create a technical case at Cypress -

www.cypress.com

“Support”

“Technical Support”

“Create a Case”

You have to be registered on Cypress web site first.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes