Which usb component (UART or FS's some component) is faster for sending data to the PC?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HaHa_285681
Level 3
Level 3
First like given

Hi I am Hakob, I want to know which usb component (UART or FS's some component) is faster for sending data to the PC in PSOC 5LP and which maximal spead can I have (kb/sec)? I want to record some analog potential's graphics from real system using  PSOC 5LP's ADC and then to save this data in DB, in my PC . 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Sending only single chars via an USB interface can be slower than using an UART and an RS232 line. The overhead of USB will spoil your bandwidth. When transmitting larger amounts of bytes with a single call you will reach the defined limit for an USB v2 connection.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

USBUART and USBFS have the same underlying hardware, so there will be no speed difference from the PSoC side, Since both are using different drivers on the PC side there might be some differences, but I think that does not matter too much.

Bob

0 Likes
HaHa_285681
Level 3
Level 3
First like given

Thanks, and how maximal speed can I have for USB UART if every time I will send char (uint8).  How many chars can I send per second?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Sending only single chars via an USB interface can be slower than using an UART and an RS232 line. The overhead of USB will spoil your bandwidth. When transmitting larger amounts of bytes with a single call you will reach the defined limit for an USB v2 connection.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could get faster transmission using usb bulk transfer. UART speed is actually limited by the protocol. But you won't notice much difference sending single bytes. I would sugest using a small buffer and sending data in chunks this works well unless you need to display the data in realtime.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

In bulk mode 64 bytes every 1 ms. I use this mode every day.

Remenber  you are on FS notre un HS 

0 Likes