Segger GUIBuilder

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
crcac_264396
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

I am very excited about this GUI emWin library and have been poking through all the documentation.

I see no mention of the GUIbuilder application in the Cypress documentation, so am I correct in thinking this is not part of the licensing deal?

thanks

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

please check out Segger's website. In the price list for all emWin related items emWin WM/Widgets are a separate product. It is not included in the package provided for free by Cypress.

Robert

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The post from Robert is NOT correct.  The emWin library provided for free by Cypress includes most of the packages that Segger offers as separately licensed pieces of emWin that can be supported on the PSoC 3 and 5 architectures.

In the case of PSoC 5 most of the options are included including the Window Manager and Widgets.  There are a few options that aren't practical due to pin or memory limitiations.

In the case of PSoC 3 the Window Manager and Widgets can not be supported by the processor architecture and are therefore not available for this specific architecture.  This is not a licensing restriction, but instead a technical restriction.

In the download of the emWin library from Cypress there is a datasheet that describes exactly what is supported by each architecture (Documentation/emWinGraphics_v1_0.pdf).  The table in the Functional Description section lists each option and the support for PSoC 3 and 5.

The GUIBuilder application was not part of the Segger package that was licensed.  This is a tool that automatically generates C files to generate a GUI.  Cypress will look at the possibility of including this in a future version of the tool.

0 Likes
crcac_264396
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

Thanks bjbu,

I thought that may be the case that it was not licensed, but I figured I would ask anyway. I had previously used the GUI builder with some NXP cortex parts and made it easy to visualize the layout.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi! Decided to revive this thread. Any updates on including GUIBuilder like NXP has? Also, can we expect that Cypress will regularly update the emWin library? Segger and NXP are at version 5.2 in the meantime. Or is the Cypress license somehow frozen at 5.0??? Thank you! Regards, Anguel   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes

Hi,

I can see this conversation is out of date and gone stale, but I have similar requirements. Also the link mentioned above

/external-link.jspa?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.cypress.com%2F%3Fapp%3Dforum%26id%3D2492%26rID%3D83983

leads to shopping cart.

Can someone help me find out if I can find GUI Builder in Cypress ?

regards,

Vinay

0 Likes