Trouble with static timing analysis

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Why is the static timing analysis affected by the component (symbolic) name? I have an ISR in the schematic, when I call it "CUT_ISR", the static timing analysis returns a warning "setup time violation" but when I call it "UT_ISR" all goes fine and I receive no warning. I'm really scared about that 😞 because I don't know which are the "optimum" names for the components that will allow the maximum working clock frequency. Thank you.   
0 Likes
7 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Well, to be honest: The name of a component has no influence on anything like timings etc. Probably something different is amiss. Can you post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings? To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file (do NOT use chrome, that still may not work, use IE instead).

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it it is because by changing the name of your component. Creator would allocate the hardware in a different way/sequence. And one of the arrangements may have a longer path then the other so it gives you the warning.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        H L, that is exactly what is happening. Is there any way to see where are the components placed after routing? Thank you.   
0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

No "viewer" for the digital layout yet. No manual routing tool

either for digital. Analog has rudimentary viewer, albeit not

physical layout.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Ok, thank you anyway. 🙂   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

We had similiar issue before, since it is an issue with the placement of componets and we don't have the tools to change it. We just aceepted it as it is and name the componet which build without warning. However, it is annoying as it may happen again if you add a new componet to your project. But that is life...

0 Likes
RobynW
Employee
Employee
5 likes given First comment on blog 10 likes received

@Powereng (or anyone experiencing a similar issue)

Would you mind posting your project or sending it to me at RBYN @ cypress.com?  This shouldn't be happening and I'd like to get the development team to take a look at exactly what's going on.

Thanks,

Robyn

0 Likes