SDK 1.1.0 blecm_setTxPowerInADV limits

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are the limits for the parameter in this call.  I believe that they are from -10 to +4 dbm.  And it is in 2 dmb intervals.  So +4, +2, 0, -2, -4, -6, -8 and -10.  Also is -2 the same as 0xFE for this call?  I am seeing some odd results on power when changing the parameter in this call.  Need more specific info on its real limits.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

santol did a good job of addressing a portion of this within the following discussion: Re: Power level granularity in blecm_setTxPowerInConnection() and blecm_setTxPowerInADV()

arvinds also provided some clarification on this process within SDK 2.X here: How to adjust the TX power in SDK2.X.X?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

santol did a good job of addressing a portion of this within the following discussion: Re: Power level granularity in blecm_setTxPowerInConnection() and blecm_setTxPowerInADV()

arvinds also provided some clarification on this process within SDK 2.X here: How to adjust the TX power in SDK2.X.X?

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am asking for SPECIFIC limits. Those other threads discuss the call, but not the limits. My understanding is the limits on the 32 chip are +4 dbm to -10 dbm in 2 dbm steps. Is this correct and is that the range of this parameter? Those other threads seem to talk about 25 dbm signal level modification. Is that much attenuation available on the x32 module? Also is the module certified for +4 dbm?

0 Likes

I know that the 20732 SoC was designed to operate from +4 to -25dBm in steps of -4. What you see at the antenna depends on a number of things including the antenna, its design, etc.  I believe we've had customers operate the part below -15dBm, but it's not that common.

At or close to 4dBm is the desired Tx output for regulatory testing.