2.8" TFT color module won't work with 8-bit parallel interface and SEGGER emWin files

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Situation:

PSoC5 connected to D8-D15 of a 2.8" TFT color module using it as 8-bit parallel interface. Controller is ili9320. Control lines connected accordingly. The TFT module is coming from the STM-32 Mini development board.

Cymodule: Graphic LCD 8-bit Parallel Interface Macro, customized for 8-bits and 3 ClockCycles Low/High pulse width.

Added the SEGGER emWin files to my project according the Cypress installation procedure.

I have added de register initialization settings to the LCDConf.c file at the InitController function.

No errors after building the project but also nothing on the screeen. I only see the RESET function (Light OFF and ON).

Has anyone experience with this type of TFT display or even better has this thing working.....?

I hope to get some suggestions to look after to get my TFT working because I tried everything what comes up in my mind (!).

Thanks!

Rob

0 Likes
10 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Post project for forum to look at -

“File”                                                             Creator

“Create Workspace Bundle”

Use Firefox or IE, not chrome to post.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dana,

Attached my project. It's only for testing if I can get the TFT working...

In the meantime I did some experiments with resistive pull up/down the data lines but no result.

I hope you can help!

Regards,

Rob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems to be a hard question...

Maybe it has something to do with timing?  I found that it makes no difference when I change the clock fequency on the input of the Cy module.

Has anyone experiences with the Grafhic LCD 8-bit parallel interface module with or w/o the emWin files?

Rob

0 Likes
EvPa_264126
Level 7
Level 7
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 likes received

I have only one project with   Grafhic LCD 8-bit parallel interface module for    WG240128_5LP.zip  here       for     WG240128R-TFH
I did not use EmWin library from Segger:
- I read:    emWin license frozen
- It seemed to me that this too cumbersome and redundant, especially for PSoC4
- I could not find drivers from segger for my displays but found a lot of ready-made private decisions.
But this is just the problem of my qualifications.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Pavlov,

Thanks for info. When I was looking at your set-up, I realized that it was quite the same as mine. So the problem must be in the hardware. And it was....

Self-willed as I am, I found that it should be possible to control the lcd with an 8-bits interface. But I forgot that this display had an other possibility for 8-bits control, namely by using a 8-bits 74HC573 latch, activated by a adding a resistor. And that was the solution.

Before I could start testing, I had to set the Cy interface back to 16-bits, add a LE line in the design to control the latch and modified the original source to split the 16 bits data to 2 times 8-bits, write the low byte into the latch, latched it and write the high byte. Then clocked it into the LCD controller. The 8-bits data from the PsoC is connected to D10-D17 of the LCD module.

On the attached picture you can see the result. Maybe it’s an idea for Cypress to add an new 8-bit Graphic LCD module using a latch, because these kind of GLCD is also very popular.

B.t.w. I had no problem using the (old..) emWin files in my PSoC5 envirement.

Rob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

forgotten to add  the picture...

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Could you please post updated example project. What is your screen resolution and max update  rate?

odissey1

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Roberto,

Can you please post the updated project file?

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi odissey1 and majed,

Attached my test project.

I made a new module based on the original Graphic LCD Parallel Interface where I modified the .c  file to change the Write function into the one that handles the 8-bit interface with latch.

I added to the project the emWin files including the colorbar test file as well.

Rob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Roberto48,

I just downloaded your test project but GUI.h file not found. Can you upload again ?

Thanks

Alptigin

0 Likes