How About Designer 5.4 ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Tell me what's NEW?   
0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
        The top 10 reasons : http://www.cypress.com/?id=3674 But I prefer to use PSoC3,4 and 5 as don't want to use the ICEcube and solder those ICE ports again. SWD or JTAG is much easier.   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        The top 10 reasons : http://www.cypress.com/?id=3674 But I prefer to use PSoC3,4 and 5 as don't want to use the ICEcube and solder those ICE ports again. SWD or JTAG is much easier.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Once before, I was pointed out A WatchDog Timer Problem on Cy8C29466 that has corrected. Anyway, I want more ICONs for Designer because many variants of Designer on my desktop, can't figured out easily. 5.4. 5.3 5.0 furthermore 4.x Thank you.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        It has Debug Menu since 5.3? May be have to use MiniProg3?   
0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

The release notes for 5.4 which give you the notable differences from

Regards, Dana.

Anonymous
Not applicable
        I found a remarkable section, [Open Source] http://www.cypress.com/?rID=39167 Is this the source file of Designer? If so, we can make own Designer 5.x. If need more feature or Insufficient the feature, we can fix it instead of complaining. That's awesome.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        The Intelli-Sense has improvement.   
0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

@PSoC73: no, these are just the sources for the GPL-licensed utilities distributed with Designer.

Anonymous
Not applicable
        Oh! Thank you I see. Build is accomplished but DOS window was appear and just end, at all.   
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hey, I find a new PSoC1, 8C24x93 in news of Designer 5.4 . What for this psoc? When I open the device proto design, strange chip view was appear. 2 comparator are center of screen. C24493 has a FSUSB.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

All fix fuction modules with QFN package only. Interesting

Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hey, The Auto Completion is great? Usually, these effect is able to adjust, what effect want to use, how grade want to adapt. How I can adjust this? I didn't want change "i" to "if". I didn't want space of waste. Ever. Let me can adjust the effect of Auto Completion.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Code Outlining view is great. Finally I find Auto Complete Option in Options/Code Editor/Behavior TAB. Thank you.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I turned off the autocomplete function exactly 20 seconds after I started using 5.4. Assembler op codes are 2 to 5 characters long; making me stop to override its attempts to suggest variable names instead is NOT a time-saver.

Not for me, anyway.

Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi jnork-san, That's right to stop AC-feature. When I want to write "for(i=0;i   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi jnork-san, That's right to stop AC-feature.
When I want to write "
for(i=0;i<n;i++)" as usually,
AC say "
for (if=0; if<n; if++) "      

What's kinda joking! Who love it?      

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I was wandering why my files can not be opened under 5.4. Whole Designer just crashed just when i hit open. Solution was to turn of auto complete function. Not cool.

Lukas

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

@Lukas,

what was the Designer version you produced the files with?

Bob

0 Likes