Miniprog3 programming without COM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Is there any possibility to program a PSoC with a Miniprog3 out of a C program without using the COM-Interface?   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The COM interface was just created for accessing the MiniProg3 from C#.

You could use a command-line interface and afaik there is a phyton interface.

So my question is: What do you want to perform (and why).

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        The Miniprog3 will be used in a PCB test environment. The PCB to test has to be programmed by the Miniprog3 during the test process. This should be done automatically by a the testprogram written in C. A possibility to achive this would be to write a wrapper around the COM Interface and create a DLL. In the testprogram itself, I am not allowed to use C++.   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Micha,

what language are you allowed to use on the testsite? And which OS??

Bob

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Reading your post more thoroughly give me some more thoughts:

You need a test-equipment where the miniprog is connected to. This HAS TO run windows and you need the Cypress Programmer software to access your MiniProg. On this test-equipment you may usually run any language and of course C++ accessing the COM interface.

Additionally you need the PCB-testprogram(s) that will be downloaded to the PSoC by using the MiniProg3. This program must be written in C and this program has to show by any means the result of the testing. When some setups have to be made by the person performing the test, a visual feedback has to be made, have a look at the "Bridge Conrol Panel" that can be programmed for these purposes. This C-program is not aware of the MiniProg and cannot access this hardware. You may additionally consider to use an I2C-USB bridge (CY3240 www.cypress.com/ ) that can feedback information from the PCB under test to your test equipment. The similar can be achieved by using a USBUART component on the PCB and an USB-connection to your test-equipment,

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Consider filing a CASE to see if you can get support for the windows

source/driver for Miniprog3.

To create a technical case at Cypress -

www.cypress.com

“Support”

“Technical Support”

“Create a Case”

You have to be registered on Cypress web site first.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes