What are the voltage and current specifications for the PSoC board?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I am going to stimulate the charging process by using the SourceMeter to provide the current and voltage instead of the battery. Referencing this charger project attached, I only have the CY8CKIT-050 board, and I would like to provide the current and voltage to the ports directly. But I should know the limit of this board that can stand. Thanks   
0 Likes
5 Replies
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable
        What is more, I would like to refer the ports indicated in this schematic.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I just want to refer this project to gain some hands-on experience, and I want to use a oscilloscope to check the changing of the output signal of the PWM in the same schematic by configuration.   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The ports of the board are directly routed to the inputs of your PSoC5LP, so have a look into the TRM at Absoluter Maximum Ratings. There are NO current inputs except for the TIA which are in the range of some µA look at its datasheet. Voltages are restricted to be between GND and VCC only.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi Bob, thanks. If I change the voltages for the ports in this schematic in order to simulate the charging process, by using only the PSoC 5LP board, sourcemeter instead of the battery, and oscilloscope to check the PWM signal. whatever I change the voltages in these ports, the PWM signal still remain the original frequency.   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

When the Development kit does not act as you expect, something with the program might be wrong. Can you post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings? To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file (do NOT use chrome, that still may not work).

Bob

0 Likes