PSoC Creator plugins

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I've successfully created a plugin for PSoC Creator 3.0.  By plugin, I mean a plugin as found in psoc_creator.plugins.  It took some digging around in the .Net assemblies, and some trial and error, but I eventually got PSoC Creator to load the plugin without causing an error.

My question is, Is there any documentation available to people who want to write plugins?  I'm having an issue with the plugin once PSoC creator closes, and I don't know how to resolve it.

Thanks,

-Ryan

0 Likes
8 Replies
RaAl_264636
Level 6
Level 6
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hi Ryan,

I doubt that anyone has experience with the plugin system. I think you should create a support case. Maybe Cypress has some documentation about it which can be brought into an official application note.

Regards,

Ralf

0 Likes
RobynW
Employee
Employee
5 likes given First comment on blog 10 likes received

Hi Ryan,

Unfortunatly our plugin system wasn't built for non-Cypress uses and there isn't any documentation I can share.  Making this available isn't in our current roadmap though I'll see if anyone has any suggestions on the closing issue your having.

-Robyn 

0 Likes
ScottA_91
Employee
Employee
10 solutions authored 100 replies posted 50 replies posted
        So Creator was written to have a system to add or remove tool level functionality if need be to try and isolate how pieces work together. That said, you needs a good understanding of the base framework and API calls by the system to make a robust and complete plugin.   

As it stands today, the plugin system is meant for internal development and requires access to significant portions of Creator's code base to implement high level functionality. As it stands today, this is not meant to be something end users play with.   

I'm sorry to disappoint you.   

Scott   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok.

Would Cypress take issue with me posting my plugin code to github?

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Curious, what does the plugin do ?

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right now I have a little message box that pops up and says "Event" whenever an Idle event occurs in PSoC Creator, which is all the time.  

0 Likes
RobynW
Employee
Employee
5 likes given First comment on blog 10 likes received

Ryan, No issues with you posting to github - go for it!  -Robyn

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Ryan - Did you ever post that code to github. Web searches only find this posting. -Ed   
0 Likes