Certification from Bluetooth SIG

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We are currently at the stage of getting the necessary certifications for our product, and I am not 100% sure how to go through the bluetooth certifications and get our product listed? I have tried to go through some of the documentation on this website but still don't have a clear idea.

Currently I am using the BCM20732 chip (not the module) and I understand I need to make a new product listing since I am not using the qualified design with the module. Is there a guideline to help go through the process from the Bluetooth SIG website?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Take a look at this post: Do I need to register separately with the Bluetooth SIG to use the Bluetooth logo in my product?

While I am no expert, I think that I was able to define the process in some degree of detail.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

BCM20732A0 SoC is qualified as tested component with QDID36767.

So you can integrate it to your end product I think.

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Take a look at this post: Do I need to register separately with the Bluetooth SIG to use the Bluetooth logo in my product?

While I am no expert, I think that I was able to define the process in some degree of detail.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Michael,

So going through some testing facilities, they have mentioned that my specific product needs to go through further RF-PH testing. Is this not something that was certified during Broadcom's testing under the above mentioned QDID36767?

If not, they have mentioned that a SMA connector is required on the sample for these tests, does Broadcom have any designs that we can use to incorporate this connector in our design for the testing samples?

Thanks,

Gurpal

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Gurpal,

We use the UFL connectors on our designs instead of the SMA connectors because they are smaller

The part numbers for the UFL connectors and cables are:

Connector:

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/A-1JB/ARF1579DKR-ND/1852012

Cable:

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?x=0&y=0&lang=en&site=us&keywords=931-1186-ND

Our IBCN Reference Design has the layout of this connector on our PCB:

WICED Smart Documents & Downloads

Thanks

JT

j.t will be responding to you on this one shortly.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great thanks for the very quick response.

Really appreciate the support!

Gurpal

0 Likes

<<<<So going through some testing facilities, they have mentioned that my specific product needs to

<<<<go through further RF-PH testing.

<<<<

<<<<Is this not something that was certified during Broadcom's testing under the above mentioned QDID36767?

The BT-SIG (QDIDxxxxx) does not care about RF characteristics or making sure your end-product is within a country's regulatory RF emissions and susceptibilities - which is what test houses (e.g. FCC) do for you.

The following text was stolen from The Official Bluetooth SIG Member Website | List of BQTFs

"A Bluetooth Qualification Test Facility (BQTF) is formally recognized by the Bluetooth SIG as competent to perform those Bluetoothqualification conformance tests identified as "Category A" within the Test Case Reference List (TCRL) and Test Plan Generator (TPG). A BQTF may also offer additional Bluetooth testing services such as Profile and Protocol conformance and interoperability. The definitive description of the BQTF role is in the Bluetooth Qualification Program Reference Document (PRD)."

So, having the QDIDxxxxx only means the Broadcom device was tested against, and is compliant with the BT-SIG's BQTF testing.  Think in terms of the profiles supported:  find me, proximity, time, blood pressure monitor, etc which the BQTF tests against, not RF testing which (sounds like?) what you still need to perform.