CY8C29466-24PXI MUX Problems

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I am having problems getting the muxes to work on a CY8C29466-24PXI.  I need to use the diff amps to measure current across a resistor and the pga to measure straight voltages.  My intent is to look at ports 0,1,6,7 and 2 by using a ref 8 mux., running it through and sendit it to the a to d.  3, 4 and 2 are analog outputs.  Also can port 2 from the diff amp be read directly into the pga by acessing port 2 via AMUX8_1, selecting port 2 ?

I also intend to feed the positive inputs of the diff amp by amux4_1 and amux4_2. 

Also, how do I clear the blue wires back to default.  Are these interconnects screwing up the a mux operation?  Who wins the routing specified in the scematic or the muxes ?

Here is expample code of selecting the mux mux8:

AMUX8_1_InputSelect(AMUX8_1_PORT0_6);

Pictures of analog portion attached.

Thanks

0 Likes
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

May be a circuit diagram with the external components would help us to understand..

you can also upload you project here so people can look as wekk.

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

“File”                                                           Designer

“Archive Project”

Use Firefox or IE, not chrome to post.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

There are four (4) 4-input Analog Column Input Muxes numbered from 0 to 3.

Two of those (0 &1 or 2 &3) can be combined to form (with the help of the Analog Column Input Select) two 8-bit muxes whose outputs are the two mentioned Analog Column Input Selects. So the placing of the analog components used is crucial, so that the muxes can  connect to the requred inputs.

The "blue lines" just indicate (when bold) the connection selected initially without selecting the appropiate mux-connection programmatically. You may ignore the lines when you program the muxes.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bob and others.

I am attaching a schematic of what I am trying to do as suggested along with some code for the mux selection. 

In my previous post I showed how the muxes are configured.  Hopefully this schematic will make things more clear.  In particular I am interest if there are anhy fundamental architectural errors.

Regards

Tim

0 Likes
lock attach
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

That`s the reason why AMUX8 doesn`t work

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found out my problem with MUX8.  You can't use it in column zero.  I was a little confused by the data sheet which seemed to indicate it can only go in columns 0 and 1.  It actually has to go in columns 1 and 2.  I just moved my pga to column 1 and life is good..

Thanks to all.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Great that it is running!

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

I missed you post and figured it out.  You were really quick.

Thanks very very much for helping me!!!

Have a great weekend. 

Tim

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You are always welcome!

Bob

0 Likes