64 bit Windows shows driver FTDI driver issues for WICED IDE (SN8000EVK)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi

I am using SN8000 Evaluation board kit.

I tried installing WICED IDE 3.1.0 / 2.4.1 in my 64 bit windows 8.1 by following steps in SN8000 EVK user guide.

But my PC didn't detected any WICED USB-JTAG Port or WICED USB Serial Port in the device manager when I connected my SN8000 Evaluation board after SDK installation , it was showing like ...SN8200EVAL1 as shown below

rsz_hp.jpg

When I tried the same on a 32 bit windows I was able to see the WICED USB JTAG & WICED USB Serial port in device manager.

So I assume this is because of the absence of FTDI CDM drivers in 64 bit windows. (I also tried installing both SDK's in 64 bit windows but didn't helped)

How can I use the WICED SDK/IDE with all the necessary drivers in my 64 bit windows ?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, hari.cr:

I saw you wanted to use SN8000, and the screen capture showed SN8200 device. I gues you have both kits.

Please uninstall the SN8200 device driver and follow the WICED SDK to install the WICED device driver. Please do that eve you want to use SN820x with WICED SDK.

Best regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi yfang@murata.com

Thanks for your reply,

A slight concern : we don't have SN8200 board with us ,so I think that's not the reson why we see SN8200EVAL1 in device manager.

The same procedure was performed in other fresh 64 bit Windows PC also and the result is same (driver seems to be missing). But the if we do the same procedure in 32 bit Windows PC we are able to use the EVK without any problems (driver gets installed).

So this seems that driver's are not getting installed properly.

How can I get this drivers installed in my 64 bit Windows?

Best Regards

This issue caused by Win 7 64bit OS lack several usb dll file and make driver install error .

To fix this issue , you should check which dll need and add to Win 7, it should be ok .

please attach the log from C:\Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log , just need latest error log after you update the driver for issue analyze .

0 Likes