SDK 2.4.1 Mac OSX - cannot debug

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I created a debug target, using the standard scan snippet: snip.scan-BCM9WCDPLUS114-debug download

Compile and download OK.

I then press the green "bug" button, and the IDE switches view.

I set a breakpoint, for example at line 80, and press the pause/continue button. The program runs to that line, printing stuff on the terminal as expected.

However, I don't see the line highlighted, and I cannot step through the code. Pressing the continue button does not run the code.

Pressing the stop button detaches the debugger, and the board then runs free.

What's happening? What is preventing me from debugging?

Note that I can debug using the terminal. The following works, it runs gdb in the terminal and I can step through the code:

./make snip.scan-BCM9WCDPLUS114-debug download debug

0 Likes
1 Solution

HI J A

I've put forward a small blog to solve your issue.

MAC OS X - Using Eclipse to Debug WICED WiFi(2.4.1)

thnx,

vik86

View solution in original post

5 Replies
GregG_16
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 25 comments on KBA
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

not related, though I see this bug too. Luckily there are 2 different "stop" buttons.

The one near the top, in the debug panel, leads to a hang, but the stop button near the bottom works fine.

But anyway, my problem is not related to that.

0 Likes

HI J A

I've put forward a small blog to solve your issue.

MAC OS X - Using Eclipse to Debug WICED WiFi(2.4.1)

thnx,

vik86

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Vik86 for your post. I fixed my config, and now the debugger works.

One note though, the relative paths (for example build/eclipse_debug/last_built.elf) did not work for me.

I had to enter the absolute path, like /Applications/WICED/WICED-SDK-2.4.1/build/eclipse_debug/last_built.elf

0 Likes

Great !  probably your WORKSPACE path is not set, if you check project settings there you can set your workspace path.

Thnx

vik86