PSoC7

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was mentioned here that Cypress was working in PSoC7 

http://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1281024&page_number=1

and a Japanese web page indicates it would be 2014 and would be a ARM M4.

Anyone has any idea what it is?

0 Likes
1 Solution
SaWa_284216
Level 4
Level 4

I was searching for any news of an ARM cortex m4 psoc. I hope they aren't crazy expensive. Would love something ina. 44 pin package around  £9 please cypress!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
SaWa_284216
Level 4
Level 4

I was searching for any news of an ARM cortex m4 psoc. I hope they aren't crazy expensive. Would love something ina. 44 pin package around  £9 please cypress!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not much information is being released yet, hope they can release some kind of spec or feature first.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting, the added DSP instructions in the cortex-M4 cores will help a lot of projects. Does device part numbers apear in psoc programmer already?

0 Likes
user_300221
Level 1
Level 1

The PSoC 7 mentioned at a seminar years ago. It should have M4 core, 4x more resources - memory. UDB, ... and ethernet too. Samples should be this year. Apparently development is not so easy.
Freescale years ago also alluded development KINETIS X, but today is silence.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It'd be nice to also get cross-platform support, even if only command-line for now. A standard netlist format and being able to use VHDL and synthesize and do the digital and analog P&R without the GUI would be awesome.

0 Likes