Device Resources

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

We share the same source code over several different PSoC devices (PSoC 3 and PSoC 5) and  use a varying amount of features. For some debug functions, I would like to test (precompiler - #ifdef) if in the current project a given resource is available. For instance, whether Port3 or Port 5 exists (on the package of course, I understand that the registers and hardware might be even there, just not externally connected), would be useful to a debugging tool that displays the status of each port.

cydevice.h and cypins.h define all the registers, I have checked also in designs that use a package where those pins don't exist.

I think the fitter must have a knowledge base for each device/package?

There is CYDEV_SRAM_SIZE and CYDEV_EE_SIZE, so for some resources the software can find the sizes.

But for instance,

CYDEV_IO_PC_PRT5_SIZE 0x00000008u

for a CY8C3866LTI-067, the 48 pin QFP package, that does not have port 5.

Andreas

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You could use something similar to

#ifdef CYDEV_PRT4_BASE

which will not be defined when port4 does not exist

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, this does not work,

as for instance for the mentioned device, CY8C2866LTI-067, port 3 does not exist (on the package),

but CYDEV_IO_PC_PRT3_BASE is defined,

I guess, you meant that when you wrote "CYDEV_PRT4_BASE"? 

I did not find CYDEV_PRT1_BASE, for instance in my project with the mentioned device.

It seems that preprocessor definitions are done on a architecture level (e.g. PSoC 3),

reflecting the content of the "PSoC x Register TRM" without incorporating the limits of the chosen device.

Andreas

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I was checking a PSoC4-file, sorry, so the name I gave is different for PSoC 3/5.

Too bad that the generated files do not exclude non-existing ports. I would suggest to file a "MyCase" on this matter, probably there is a way to find out.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

To create a technical case at Cypress -

www.cypress.com

“Support”

“Technical Support”

“Create a Case”

You have to be registered on Cypress web site first.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes