PSoC Creator 3.0 Device Auto Select not using Device Filter

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe it's a new bug or maybe this is how it's been all the time. I did a search in the forum but nothing showed up.

So I have a project and I do a "Select Device", when the window pops up, I apply filters to narrow down my choices of chips.

Once I'm happy with my filter I click the "Auto Select" button so it will check what devices will support my project.

I wa expecting that it will only check for the devices in the list after the filters are applied, but it checks all of them regardless of the filter. Meaning that It can take a long time until it checks all of them so I can figure out the ones from my list.

After 30 minutes it's just done with the PSoC 3 devices and I had them filtered out. It might take another hour or more to do them all.

Is this the intended way to operate or is it a bug?

Thanks.

0 Likes
11 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

30 minutes, that sure looks like a bug or your PC is powered by an Intel

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It gets worse, after doing all the PSoC 3 starting with CY8C3244AXA-153 it went back to test the CY8C3244AXA-153 again. I will report back in another 30 minutes to see if it's indeed stuck in a PSoC 3 device loop.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

30 minutes to check 147 devices (all of the PSoC 3 variants) out of 249 total.

But as stated it went back to device 1 after checking those 147 devices.

It would not take that long if the "Auto Select" in the Device selector respected the filters so it wouldn't have to check all of them.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's taking about 10 seconds to build each and then 2 seconds to go from device to device.

But it did loop again back to the 1st PSoC3 in the list and never going to the PSoC 4 or 5LP, so the "Auto Select" is broken and it doesn't respect the filters that you set.

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Consider filing a  CASE on this, point to this thread to save

yourself typing.

To create a technical case at Cypress -

www.cypress.com

“Support”

“Technical Support”

“Create a Case”

You have to be registered on Cypress web site first.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyCase opened.

I had an account for a while I just barelly post or read the forum, I guess I should 🙂

Thank you.

0 Likes
EvPa_264126
Level 7
Level 7
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 likes received

If you create a filter, you will see only those devices that you are satisfied. That is, it is working properly.
But, if you run the Start AutoSelect and see the   process (click Log) you will find that the Creator ignored the filter settings and check all devices, and it is very long.
In my PC - even worse, the program terminates with an error.
Please let us know the answer to your technical support request.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will report back, I already got a response asking for repro stpes and I submited a repro list that will show the problem with any project including the example projects (that's what I've submitted).

What is worse is that not only it gets ignored but it keeps looping back to PSoC3s and never ends.

Do you get the same thing that PSoC 4 and PSoC 5LP devices never get "elaborated" and it keeps looping back in PSoC 3 devices?

Seems to me it's two bugs and I did report both.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is my response to the repro question for visibility:

Here are the steps to reproduce it, I tried with an example and the same thing happens.

1) Start PSoC Creator 3.0 SP1 everything is updated.
2) On Start Page select "Find Example Project... under "Examples and Kits"
3) Example Project filter options I selected Architecture PSoC4
4) Select CRCExample, and click on "Create New Workspace"
5) Click Project/Device Selector... (or right click on the project and Select "Device Selector"
6) On the Devices Tab, click on the Architecture filter and uncheck PSoC 3 and PSoC 5LP, so that only PSoC4 is selected.
7) Click on Start Auto Select button.
😎 Even if only PSoC 4 is filtered the Auto Select ignores the filter and elaborates for all architectures:
Log: sdb.M0040: Elaborating for family PSoC 3.
Log: sdb.M0040: Elaborating for family PSoC 4.
Log: sdb.M0040: Elaborating for family PSoC 5LP.

It starts with device CY8C3244AXA-153 (first PSoC 3 device).

It continues all the way to CY8C3866PVI-070 (last PSoC 3 available)

Note then that it goes back to elaborate for CY8C3244AXA-153 and will keep looping forever.

It never tries to elaborate for any PSoC 4 devices or PSoC 5LP devices.

I would think that the Auto Select will only apply to the listed devices after the filter is applied, so it shouldn't even try to elaborate for PSoC 3 nor PSoC 5LP since I only selected PSoC 4.

But even if it tries to elaborate all, it never gets to do so for the PSoC 4 and gets stuck on an infinite loop as far as I can tell.

Let me know if you need more details on how to reproduce the issue. I do think it doesn't matter what project because all the projects I tried behave the same way.
0 Likes
EvPa_264126
Level 7
Level 7
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 likes received

In my PC - not so:
start with device CY8C3244AXA-153 (first PSoC 3 device).
Then PSoC4, further PSoC5
but, after CY8C5667 .... fails and creator3.0 unloaded.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what I got, so I guess it will be fixed in the next update:

Hello Miguel,
Thanks for bringing the issue to our concern.
We have resolved the issue in the upcoming version of PSOC Creator.

Thanks
Bharadhwaj

0 Likes