P1[0] On old cy3211-28dip ICE cable for cy8c29466

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I am having an issue with P1[0] on my on my ICE.  This is a Circa 2004 ICE with a SMT chip mounted on a flex tape.  It has been flawless.  I think I might have injured it somehow.  It seems P1[0] doesn't work.  Everthing else O.K.  Doesn't seem to work as either in or out.  Has anybody else had any issues with this ?  This is the Xout/Sdata/P1[0]  pin.  I have done many things with it over the years with many configurations, so I am not completely sure if this is a new problem or not.  I am using designer 5.4.

Regards,

Tim

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Yes, I admit that I have blown P1[6] on my POD for a CY8C29466. Probably by tampering somewhere with a probe. I am quite sure that I would habe blown a normal PSoC1 as well.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bob. 

I was hoping perhaps there was a emulator config issue with this pin.  Too bad because it is some of my personal stuff I am using for work.

I wish they still sold the old style flex cable implmentation.  The new ones with all the feet seem mechanically complex.

Tim

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The pod looks a bit like one of the three "Towers of Hanoy", but I have soldered a 28-pin socket onto the board where the pod is plugged into. When there is no stress on the flex-cable everything runs smoothly.

Happy debugging

Bob

0 Likes
DennisS_46
Employee
Employee
100 sign-ins 50 likes received 50 solutions authored

Tim:

The most common failure comes from connecting a PSoC GPIO to the gate of a power FET with no series resistor in between. When you probe the gate of the FET, you can slip and short gate to drain. If drain is connected to a load greater than Vdd=5.0V, then 'poof' goes the GPIO. I have seen this numerous times; we simply cannot protect the chip from massive over-voltage.

That said, send me your contact information by email to SEG@cypress.com and I'll find a replacement for you.

I, too, prefer the old style DIP flex circuit and still have a few around.

---- Dennis

0 Likes
DennisS_46
Employee
Employee
100 sign-ins 50 likes received 50 solutions authored

Tim:

Part shipped. UPS will send tracking number.

---- Dennis

0 Likes