Programming PSoC® using Programmer 3.19.1 on Windows 8.1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem Statement :-

When we install PSoC Programmer 3.19.1 on Windows 8.1 then drivers of MiniProg3 and Kits are not installed. And we are not able to program any device.

Solution:-

To program your PSoC device with Windows 8.1 OS follow these steps:

1. Upgrade your version of Programmer to 3.19.1 from the link.
  3. This step is based on the type of OS:     

1. If your Windows 8.1 is 32 bit, then download the “drivers_32bit.zip” file to your computer. Unzip this file and copy the folder “drivers” found at “C:\Program Files\Cypress\Programmer\3.19.1\”.
    3. If your Windows 8.1 is 64 bit, then download the “drivers_64bit.zip” file to your computer. Unzip this file and copy the folder “drivers” at location “C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\3.19.1\”.
  5. Next, open the folder “drivers,” which you have just copied, and run the “driver.bat” file.
  7. Plug-in MiniProg3 to the USB port of the PC; it should be visible in the device manager.
  9. Now you will be able to program your PSoC device.

Note:- These steps are only applicable for PSoC Programmer 3.19.1. I think Cypress will resolve this problem in next version of PSOC Programmer.

--RAVE

0 Likes
4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Attaching "drivers_64bit.zip" file (Drivers for x64 bit machine).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you click on the "Link" link in step 1 the version of programmer is now 3.20 which is the version I already had but otherwise the instructions are as given. Installing the 64-bit driver on my Windows 8.1 computer fixed the problems I was having.

After initially installing PSoC Programmer, PSoC Creator would not longer program the Dev Kit via USB and I had to use the MiniProg to program from PSoC Creator. After installing the new driver I am able to have the Dev Kit connected via USB and the board I'm working on hooked to the programmer and they now both work which is saving substantial amounts of time.

All the intermittent issues I was having acquiring ports now appear to be gone.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You for all the suggestions.

I used pnputil to find all cypress drivers in "driver store" and then it should download fresh ones from microsoft.

there was large number of them... nothing

I tried the extra drivers from win 8.. you know what 😉

I dont know what to do. If you know some god to pray to... 🙂

is there any other dependances, like some version of .net or something like that?

I do not say I know what am doing all the time, but I believe, I did not do some permanent damage.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrong forum, sorry

pls delete

0 Likes