Miniprog3 problem programming/debugging PSoC5LP CY8C5868 under PSOC3 Creator

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiKO_283856
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hello,

I own 2 Miniprog3 CY8CKIT-002 (bought one or 2 years ago) which do not have any sticker on them.

Without I'm unable  to know in which version they are.

With them, I'm unable to debug/progam the 4 PSoC5- CY8C5868 proto boards under PSoC Creator 3.0, only program using PSoC Programmer (current version V3.21.0.1926).

I've read on the Cypress web that there are discrepencies with the old releases (version *A and before).

How can I guess their version, and in case of failing units should I have to open a case to have them replaced ?

Michel

0 Likes
5 Replies
MiKO_283856
Level 4
Level 4

Forgot to mention that I'm using JTAG.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The main issue between the A and B version had to do with powering the PCB with the MiniProg. I never used the JTAG interface for programming, but always the SWD and had no issues so far. I suppose the interface is selectable, so give it a try.

When connecting the MiniProg3 to the PC a serial number is displayed. doesn't that contain information about the revision? At least Cypress can give you infos from which ser.no. on the "B" revision was shipped.

Bob

0 Likes
MiKO_283856
Level 4
Level 4

Thx Bob,

No way to have the 4 proto boards in debug or programming mode with the SWD facility. The only way is programming under the JTAG option.

Only the very first board from which the other 4 have been released (with slight modifications) works either in JTAG or SWD.

I've check the schematic, routing, monitored the voltages, everything is fine.

On these 5 boards I've put a R (2k2) + C (1µF) with a switch in // to manually reset the PSoC. Is such a configuration allowed on the XRES line?

Last week my mate bought a brand new MiniProg3 which is a B revision (with a sticker). We plan some tests on the 4 boards with it. Will update this post as soon as they are done.

Michel

0 Likes
MiKO_283856
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Back to this post with some news.

As stated, I've recently done some tests with a brand new MiniProg3 labeled Rev B on its back.

Believe me, all problems and discrepancies found with the previous programmer disappeared, I was able to programm & debug the boards.

I don't know wath kind of upgrage has been done (harware and/or firmware) but I'm glad it's been corrected, even if it has had a cost.

This post might now be close.

Michel

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Michel,

thank you very much to keep us informed. This may probably help other users...

Bob

0 Likes