BaseCounter Component?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm working on a project where I'd like to have a counter increment with a base other than 1, i.e.:

A = A+Base

So far I've used a PulseConverter and TFF to convert the single pulse to Base pulses into a Counter UDB component, which sort of works, but of course takes Base clock cycles to increment.

Any better solutions?

I'm currently looking at the UDB Editor to see if I can make one there directly.

thanks,

A.

0 Likes
3 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Consider the DFB Assembler, that allows you to control

a single cycle MAC and would be a natural for your re-

quirement.

Note any recomendation is highly dependent on some other

questions, like what is the speed you need for the counter ?

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You can do that in VeriLog, but that is a bit challenging for a beginner. There is a "Component Author Guide" referring to verilog and a verilog guide already installed in your Cypress folder. Additionally some videos will guide you, look here:video.cypress.com/video-library/search/verilog/

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick replies.

I'm trying to run at BUS_CLK (32MHz), as the counter En is driven from a TERMOUT signal, and the COUNTER value gets read by a different DMA (64-2080 cycles later).

I've started playing with the UDB Editor and have a small component that I'm trying to test.

Did also create one Verilog component as an example.

Just wanted to check I wasn't looking over a more obvious solution.

thanks

A.

0 Likes