CyResetStatus not being updated to reflect Watchdog timeout

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an unusual problem with reading the correct value from the CyResetStatus variable. I start the watchdog and then delay much longer than the alloted time. My system resets and I place a breakpoint on the first line in 'main'. I have a bootloader timeout of 2 seconds, which I assume is called but then resets the micro after the timeout is exceeded and places the program counter back to the application where my breakpoint is at. 

I have read several docs that point me to using this variable, but the reset status variable always returns 0xA0? The top most bit is being set in the bootloader  I think, but the watchdog timeout bit is never being set. Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I am quite sure that you should place the breakpoint into the bootloader project. Another approach would be to save the CyTesetStatus in a global area accessible fromm bothm BootLoader and BootLoadable.

The second reset issued by the BootLoader will overwrite the initial reset-state.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, you're right. I placed the login inside of the bootloader project and everything worked fine. 

Thanks

0 Likes