Console Programmer for PSoC3/5LP device.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Attaching the console programmer for PSoC3/5LP device. User guide is available with the application. This will help in scenarios if you have to create some automation testing setup in which you have to program PSoC device many times without manual intervention. In those cases you just have to run a single command through your script and then you can easily program a hex file in PSoC3/5Lp device. This command will accept many parameters like path of hex file, protocol (SWD or JTAG), acquire mode (Reset or Power) and other parameters. So it is fully configurable application. If you have devices connected in JATG chain then you can program nth device in JTAG chain by this application. For that we have parameter "devicenumber" in the application. For Example command can be:- CommandLineProgrammer.exe -hex "C:\Users\namn\Desktop\CommandLineProgrammer\Example Hex File\CY8C3866AXI-040\TestPSoC3.hex " -acquiremode "Power" -volt "2.5" -protocol SWD -connector 10P Unzip the attached file "CommandLineProgrammer.zip" and you will get guide to use the app. Best Regards, Rave   
0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

I am attaching the CommandLineProgrammer.exe for PSoC Programmer Version 3.24.2.2254.This application is PSoC Programmer Version dependent. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is one of the tasks wants to do next. Good that someone has done that. 🙂

ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

I assume you have a rail handler output/input to auto handle

parts for programming. Basically a logic request for next part,

and a request completed input to signify part has been loaded.

Clearly there is more to this than just the above, but important

in a production environment.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable
        New version of CommandLineProgrammer with addon functionalities.. Following are the details:- Command Line Programmer Prerequisites 1. PSoC Programmer 3.19.1 should be installed in PC 2. Connect MiniProg3 with the PSoC3/5/5LP device to be programmed Return Values On successful programming application will return 1 On Un-successful programming application will return -1 Steps to use application 1. 1. Open Command prompt 2. 2. Go to folder where you have stored application. Application (CommandLineProgrammer.exe) is available in "Application" folder. Command is: - cd "Path of Application folder" Example: - cd "C:\Users\namn\Desktop\CommandLineProgrammer\Application" 3. Following are the parameters for the application: - Necessary Parameter for Application a. Path of Hex file to be programmed to device Command is: - CommandLineProgrammer.exe -hex "Path of Hex file" Example: - CommandLineProgrammer.exe -hex “C:\Users\namn\Desktop\CommandLineProgrammer\Example Hex File\CY8C3866AXI-040\TestPSoC3.hex" This supports the relative path as well as fixed path of hex file. Relative path is from the location where you will store your CommandLineProgrammer.exe file. “..” represents that it will go one folder up from the location where you will store your CommandLineProgrammer.exe application. Example: - CommandLineProgrammer.exe -hex “..\Example Hex File\CY8C3866AXI-040\TestPSoC3.hex" Optional Parameters for Application a. Device Acquiring mode (-acquiremode “Power or Reset”) It can be Power or Reset. Default value is Reset. b. Voltage to be given to device by MiniProg3 (-volt “1.8 or 2.5 or 3.3 or 5.0”) It can be 5.0, 3.3, 2.5 or 1.8. Default value is 1.8. c. Protocol to be used for programming (-protocol “SWD or JTAG”) It can be SWD or JTAG. Default value is SWD. d. Device Number in JTAG chain to be programmed (-devicenumber 0) This parameter is for JTAG protocol only. If devices are connected in JTAG chain then you can program nth device in JTAG chain series by providing this parameter. This can have value from 0 to (number of device connected – 1). Default value is 0 which corresponds to first device. e. 5-pin or 10-pin Connector (-connector “5P or 10P”) This parameter is for SWD protocol only. For SWD protocol, you can specify which connector you want to use. Values can be 5P for 5-Pin Connector and 10P for 10-Pin connector. Default value is 10P and for JTAG it will always have 10P value. f. MessageMode:- This will turn OFF or ON the messages in Console Window. Command is -MessageMode “ON” or -MessageMode “OFF”. Default value is MessageMode “ON”. g. Mode: - It can be “Program” or “Checksum”. In mode Program, it will program the device. And in mode Checksum, it will return the checksum of device without programming the device. Default value is Program. h. Freq: - It can be any of these values 1.5, 1.6, 3, 3.2, 6, 8, 12, 16, 24. It will set the programming frequency to the given number in MHz. For Example:- If you are passing 1.5 then programming frequency will be 1.5 MHz and so on. Default value is 1.6 MHz. Command for SWD is - CommandLineProgrammer.exe -hex "Path of Hex file" -acquiremode "Power or Reset" -volt "5.0 or 3.3 or 2.5 or 1.8" -protocol "SWD" –connector “5P or 10P” -freq 3 Example - CommandLineProgrammer.exe -hex "C:\Users\namn\Desktop\CommandLineProgrammer\Example Hex File\CY8C3866AXI-040\TestPSoC3.hex " -acquiremode "Power" -volt "2.5" -protocol SWD -connector 10P -freq 3 Command for JTAG is - CommandLineProgrammer.exe -hex "Path of Hex file" -acquiremode "Power or Reset" -volt "3.3 or 2.5 or 1.8" -protocol "JTAG" -devicenumber "Number of device which you want to program" -freq 3 Example - CommandLineProgrammer.exe -hex "C:\Users\namn\Desktop\CommandLineProgrammer\Example Hex File\CY8C3866AXI-040\TestPSoC3.hex " -acquiremode "Power" -volt "2.5" -protocol JTAG -devicenumber 0 -freq 3 Example Output of Application Command will return 1 if programming is successful In case of any error it will return -1 Attaching the document with the Application.   
0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

New version of CommandLineProgrammer with addon functionalities..

Following are the details:-

Command Line Programmer

Prerequisites

1.       PSoC Programmer 3.19.1 should be installed in PC

2.       Connect MiniProg3 with the PSoC3/5/5LP device to be programmed

Return Values

On successful programming application will return 1

On Un-successful programming application will return -1

Steps to use application

1.           1. Open Command prompt

2.       2. Go to folder where you have stored application. Application (CommandLineProgrammer.exe) is available in "Application" folder.

Command is: - cd "Path of Application folder"

Example: -        cd "C:\Users\namn\Desktop\CommandLineProgrammer\Application"

3.       Following are the parameters for the application: -

Necessary Parameter for Application

a.       Path of Hex file to be programmed to device

Command is: - CommandLineProgrammer.exe -hex "Path of Hex file"

Example: -       

CommandLineProgrammer.exe -hex “C:\Users\namn\Desktop\CommandLineProgrammer\Example Hex File\CY8C3866AXI-040\TestPSoC3.hex"

This supports the relative path as well as fixed path of hex file. Relative path is from the location where you will store your CommandLineProgrammer.exe file. “..” represents that it will go one folder up from the location where you will store your CommandLineProgrammer.exe application.

Example: -

CommandLineProgrammer.exe -hex “..\Example Hex File\CY8C3866AXI-040\TestPSoC3.hex"

Optional Parameters for Application

a.       Device Acquiring mode (-acquiremode “Power or Reset”)

It can be Power or Reset. Default value is Reset. 

b.      Voltage to be given to device by MiniProg3 (-volt “1.8 or 2.5 or 3.3 or 5.0”)

It can be 5.0, 3.3, 2.5 or 1.8. Default value is 1.8.

c.       Protocol to be used for programming (-protocol “SWD or JTAG”)

It can be SWD or JTAG. Default value is SWD.

d.      Device Number in JTAG chain to be programmed (-devicenumber 0)

This parameter is for JTAG protocol only. If devices are connected in JTAG chain then you can program nth device in JTAG chain series by providing this parameter. This can have value from 0 to (number of device connected – 1). Default value is 0 which corresponds to first device.

e.      5-pin or 10-pin Connector (-connector “5P or 10P”)

This parameter is for SWD protocol only. For SWD protocol, you can specify which connector you want to use. Values can be 5P for 5-Pin Connector and 10P for 10-Pin connector. Default value is 10P and for JTAG it will always have 10P value.

f.        MessageMode:- This will turn OFF or ON the messages in Console Window. Command is

-MessageMode “ON” or -MessageMode “OFF”. Default value is MessageMode “ON”.

g.       Mode: - It can be “Program” or “Checksum”. In mode Program, it will program the device. And in mode Checksum, it will return the checksum of device without programming the device. Default value is Program.

h.      Freq: - It can be any of these values 1.5, 1.6, 3, 3.2, 6, 8, 12, 16, 24. It will set the programming frequency to the given number in MHz. For Example:- If you are passing 1.5 then programming frequency will be 1.5 MHz and so on. Default value is 1.6 MHz.

Command for SWD is -

CommandLineProgrammer.exe -hex "Path of Hex file" -acquiremode "Power or Reset" -volt "5.0 or 3.3 or 2.5 or 1.8" -protocol "SWD" –connector “5P or 10P” -freq 3

Example -  

CommandLineProgrammer.exe -hex "C:\Users\namn\Desktop\CommandLineProgrammer\Example Hex File\CY8C3866AXI-040\TestPSoC3.hex " -acquiremode "Power" -volt "2.5" -protocol SWD  -connector 10P -freq 3

Command for JTAG is -

CommandLineProgrammer.exe -hex "Path of Hex file" -acquiremode "Power or Reset" -volt "3.3 or 2.5 or 1.8" -protocol "JTAG" -devicenumber "Number of device which you want to program" -freq 3

Example -  

CommandLineProgrammer.exe -hex "C:\Users\namn\Desktop\CommandLineProgrammer\Example Hex File\CY8C3866AXI-040\TestPSoC3.hex " -acquiremode "Power" -volt "2.5" -protocol JTAG -devicenumber 0 -freq 3

Example Output of Application

Command will return 1 if programming is successful

In case of any error it will return -1

Attaching the document with the Application.

0 Likes
melac_296496
Level 2
Level 2

I am using SWD protocol for PSoC 3.  What we would like to do is to create a script program in power shell to download firmware to the PSoc 3 device, and also within the script the tester will prompt to scan a user define serial number (alpha numeric)to EEprom.  I have tried using PPCli provided by Cypress, but as soon as you quit the PPCli it drops the port.  Do you know if it is possible to do script in power shell to interact with PSoc 3 APIs?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Mehul.

Are you still working on this program?

How can I contact you?

Best regards

Matej

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried running the CommandLineProgrammer.exe on a 64 bit, windows 10 computer. I have a later version of PSoC Programmer. I'm using 3.24.2. When I tried to load a hex file I get a com error. Here's my command 

CommandLineProgrammer.exe -hex "C:\Firmware\firmwarefile.hex" -acquiremode "Power" -volt "3.3" -protocol "SWD" -connector "5P" -Mode "Program" -MessageMode "ON"  

I get the following error    

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'CommandLineProgrammer.Program' threw an exception. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {CFFCB0FC-0731-407F-86E7-B36666CB26E3} failed due to the following error: 80040154.
   at CommandLineProgrammer.Program..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at CommandLineProgrammer.Program.Main(String[] args)

Is this a windows 10 problem ? a 64 bit versus 32 bit issue ?  Ideas welcome  

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum.

This seems to be a question for Cypress: At top of this page select "Design Support -> Create a Support Case" and describe your problem again.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

I am attaching the CommandLineProgrammer.exe for PSoC Programmer Version 3.24.2.2254.This application is PSoC Programmer Version dependent. 

0 Likes
GuoXiangH_21
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

can it support PSOC1 ?

0 Likes
ViRa_1964436
Level 2
Level 2
First like received First like given Welcome!

Hi,

I am trying to program a PSOC 5LP device, I downloaded  the application in post #10.

But I get an error when I use it, please see below. Appreciate the help! I am using a windows 10 pro 64 bit PC, and I have connected the PSOC 5 LP kit to my PC, using the USB male connector that is connect to the kit prog. ( I am able to program it on PSoC creator)

My PSoC creator version is 4.0, update 1

C:\Users\vdevr\Downloads\Application\Application>CommandLineProgrammer.exe -hex "C:\PSoC_5LP\2017\PSOC_firmware_v_0_2_0\Design110.cydsn\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_493\Debug\Design110.hex"

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'CommandLineProgrammer.Program' threw an exception. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {BDADF67D-2B5B-4963-8134-FF62809B8401} failed due to the following error: 80040154.
   at CommandLineProgrammer.Program..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at CommandLineProgrammer.Program.Main(String[] args)

C:\Users\vdevr\Downloads\Application\Application>

0 Likes