CySoftwareReset() vs poweron/program

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm calling CySoftwareReset() at the end of my program, so that it's ready to go again, but I've noticed it's not working for me on the 2nd time.

I noticed I had tied several resets to '0', so I connected them to a control registered and on boot I pulse them to 1, and put a small cycle delay afterwards.

Still works on the first cold boot, but not after the SoftwareReset().

Could I be missing anything else?

thanks,

A.

6 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Possibly this might yield a clue -

http://tec.icbuy.com/uploads/2013/1/7/AN60616_-_PSoC_3_and_PSoC5LP_Startup_Procedure.pdf

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope TO will accept hijacking this thread.

I was wondering, what the result has been of research. I'm facing the same issue. Second SW reset fails. Only PON does work.

I'm not using a bootloader.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haven't found any useful informations in documetn you provided dana...

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

This thread is 3 years old, there have been a lot of changes since. Latest Creator version is now 4.1 and nobody has complained about that matter for a long time. Can you please post your complete project or a shortened version that shows the error so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes

So, the sofware reset, does it reset all the logic blocks? the DMA?  I need a full reset of the PSOC 4.  Is the sofware reset going to do this?

Now the thread is a couple of years older, but I don't see the solution.

Also, I can't post any software. Sorry.

0 Likes
JoWi_3984961
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given

Did you ever get a real answer?  I wonder why all these years pass with no answer?

0 Likes