When will stm32F1XXX be supported?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I see from the latest release notes that the STM32F1XXX are currently not supported. Is there any advance information about when support for those devices might be added? My situation is such that i need to find a module to which i can communicate to with SPI ( i cannot use the SDIO interface as those pins are occupied) on an STM32F103VF running FreeRTOS. Im currently aiming for a muRata sn8000ufl module for my product.

Best regards

Martin

0 Likes
3 Replies
GregG_16
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 25 comments on KBA

We don't have any module partners using that series.  Do you think it is powerful enough?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Umm.... the sn8000 from murata is just the chip on a module along with certification. Are you implying that F103 series will not get driver support?

// Martin

0 Likes
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

The BCRM43362 inside muRata sn8000ufl support both SDIO and SPI host interfaces. From the datasheet: "GPIO_0 is initially used as a strapping option to select between SDIO and SPI modes". The SN8000UFL routes the GPIO0 if WLAN to outside.

By default the WICED sets the host interface as SDIO and it could be changed to SPI. On Wiced SDK, use the -SPI in Make Target command to build your application with SPI host interface.

Here is an example of scan application build with SPI host interface:

snip.scan-SN8000xUFL-SPI-debug download run

Seyhan

0 Likes