How to make USB UART Datasheet Example Project work? Thanks a lot!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone, 

I'm going to use USBUART component in my project.  Luckily,there is a example project of USBUART named USB_UART from which hopefully I could know how to use USBUART. However, I got lost in Development kit configuration. Can anybody teach me how to do these steps below:

4. Select the USB_UART.inf file from the project directory, as the driver for this example once Windows asks for it.

(I could not find USB_UART.inf file?)

5. Open “Device Manager” and note the COM port number for "Example Project" device.

(I can find Device Manager, but how to note the COM port number for "Example Project" device?)

6. Open “HyperTerminal” application and make new connection to the noted COM port.

(What is “HyperTerminal” application? )   

The screenshot of topdesign.cysch is attached in this post.    

Thank you so much! I'll really appreciate your help!   

By the way, my objective is to send the data from ADC to my PC using USB. Is USBUART component a good choice? Thanks again!   

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Have a look here: www.cypress.com/

By the way... a picture of your schematic does not help much to find any error. Better is to post the complete project. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Bob for send me that link. Let me read it. 

I've attached the the whole example project I mentioned in last post here. Please find it. 

Thanks

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Hyperterminal is a Windows application, and is part of the Windows distribution (you might need to add it from the windows component installation screen though). It is used to communicate with appliances via the serial port.

0 Likes