Capsense proximity sensor API help

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am working on a proximity sensor using capsense.  I started with the example code "CapSense_CSD_WithTuner" and modified the pins to connect to the external sensor I built.  This tuner works without any problem.  I can use the automatic tuning feature and end up getting a SNR over 10.

Then I try to work into an API so I can read the sensor in firmware.  This is where I am having lots of problems:

1.  When the CapSense_CSD block is set to use automatic tuning, the firmware locks up as soon as it runs the CapSense_CSD_Start() API.

2.  When I switch to manual tuning and put in the values that the automatic tuner came up with, I can only read the raw data.  When I try to use CapSense_CSD_CheckIsWidgetActive(), it always returns a 0.

Any advice or examples is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Reply
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have created an example project with PSOC 4.It implements Proximity sensor with Manual tuning.

I have used if(CapSense_1_CheckIsSensorActive(CapSense_1_PROXIMITYSENSOR0__PROX)) and is working normally.

Thanks,

Sujay

0 Likes