PSoC Creator 3.1 - Now with support for PSoC 4 BLE devices

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

PSoC Creator 3.1 is the new version of the IDE that includes support for the new Bluetooth Low Energy devices from Cypress - PSoC 4 BLE and PRoC BLE. 

Also included with this release is the new BLE Component, which abstracts the entire Bluetooth Low Energy v4.1 Core Specification into a simple, easy-to-use Component that can easily be dragged and dropped onto your design. The new BLE Component allows easily and quick configuration of the entire Bluetooth Low Energy Protocol Stack using the GUI-based configuration tool. Also included with the BLE Component are a set of new BLE-specific APIs that enable easy communication over the BLE wireless link.

Grab an Early Acess (Beta) version of PSoC Creator 3.1, here: www.cypress.com/CreatorEA 

(this will not overwrite you current installation of PSoC Creator 3.0)

0 Likes
6 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

I would like to see an example where the PSoC4 BLE works as a data collector (e.g. logging the temperature) and transfers it to a BLE central in regular intervals (when it is available). Thats something that doesn't seem to be covered by the existing BLE profiles or capabilities.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hli

We've included some new example projects with the Early Access (Beta) version of PSoC Creator 3.1, downloadable right away at www.cypress.com/CreatorEA

You may find some of these useful, the first one in the list is a simulated temperature sensor with a BLE link.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

My question was more about data collection, logging and bulk transfer than about temperature measurement. I need to look at the "heart rate collector" example, it looks like this could be what I'm looking for.

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

I have installed Creator 3.1 in parallel with 3.0 on my Win7 VM. When I now try to install the support package for the BLE Pioneer kit, it complains about missing prerequisites. Is there anything else I'm supposed to install before?

(I will try to download the complete package and see whats happening when installing this one)

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8

To answer my own question: looks like the CySmart software (http://www.cypress.com/?rID=102635 ) is needed. Would be nice if the installer could tell what it is missing...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hli - heart rate collector example only collects heart rate profile data. Another example that you could refer to is the CySmart interface firmware that is part of the CY8CKIT-042 BLE kit installer.

0 Likes