Very simple FS for use on FX3S with eMMC through block(s) rd/wr access?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

There is an eMMC connected on S0 of my FX3S. I have a "storage partition" in the user data section and implemented block rd/wr and byte rd/wr functions which are visible to my PC API.

Based on these functions, I want to establish a very simple file system on PC side. No visibility in the windows file system is required just some very basic functions in the application (as: make file system, read dir, write file, read file, erase file). Wear levelling is not required, as this is handled by the eMMC itself.

I'm sure that others of you using the FX3S did similar things, so: What kind of file systems did you take? Which are your favourites?

Thanks for your hints!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

no more need to comment on this. I decided to take the FatFs as proposed by the "FX3SFileSystem" example. What originally irritated me in this example was that the functionality to actually establish a file system (mkfs) is not given in the example. This means a given file system is required to have the example operating, which obviously didn't work with my embedded (not removable) new flash...

Regards

0 Likes

any successes on that

coz Im trying that as well 

please let me know 

0 Likes