hyperterminal 0x18

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am writing and reading binary file .dat on eeprom via psoc using spi and uart/hyperterminal. the program is fine but the .dat file has 0x18 - hex which means cancel as per ascii table. the bytes after 0x18 are getting repeated once each time where 0x18 comes. can anyone suggest what should be done to avoid this?

0 Likes
7 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I am not familar with hyperterminal, but if there is a setting for a binary mode it may fix that issue.

A way out could be to translate the data-stream into printable ascii characters only, so your 0x18 would become the string "18". The downgrade would be the doubling of the amount of transferred data and the need for decoding the data back to hex.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

can sm1 tell how to enable binary mode in teraterm?

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored
0 Likes
ruha_285291
Level 2
Level 2
        Open Teraterm and goto help, search for DEBUG and follow the instructions. I hope this helps   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

done with another version of hyperterminal. thanks all.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

has anybody done isp using directc utility  using psoc on actel fpga or isp for any other fpga. how should be the top design of psoc? spi read from external eeprom and gpio jtag toggling between psoc and fpga.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hyperterminal isn't included with Windows Vista or later versions of Windows.  Some alternate terminal emulators are listed at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terminal_emulators

uCon is a free terminal emulator that includes quite a lot of features       www.umonfw.com/ucon/index.html  including many ways to enable/disable terminal emulation and show data in hex format.      umonfw.com/ucon/htmlhelp/Topic51.htm   

0 Likes