BCM20737 Audio - Datasheet and support?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have ordered the new BCM920737 eval board, for SDK 2.x.
As I understand, this BT chip supports audio profile.

But I cannot find any audio related information, e.g. how to get out the audio transmitted via BT (assuming I could configure and use SDK to initialize properly).

Is there a datasheet for the BCM20737 comming soon?

On which pins will the audio signal be provided?

I hope that the board will be able to provide S/PDIF or even I2S signals in order to connect a DAC. Just a bit lost due to missing information.

Is my impression right that audio would be provided just as PWM out?

Best regards

Torsten (tjaekel)

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I did some checking around and it turns out that LE Audio is planned to be included in a point release of SDK 2.x sometime near the last quarter of this year.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
MichaelF_56

I was not aware that we plan to support BLE audio on the 20737S, or to the extent which it will be supported in firmware.  The pinouts and singles on this part will be identical to the existing 20732S and 20736S as all three are pin compatible.  In addition, the datasheets for the three will be close to identical.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sir,

Does BCM20737S datasheet be available? Or may I know when will be ready.

Thanks.

0 Likes

I will need to check.  Which feature in particular on the 20737 are you interested in as the datasheet will not contain much if anything more than high level descriptions of the new features.  For pinouts, GPIO, electrical chars, etc., the existing 20732S datasheet should work fine (i.e. the new features are supported within firmware).

0 Likes
MichaelF_56

I did some checking around and it turns out that LE Audio is planned to be included in a point release of SDK 2.x sometime near the last quarter of this year.

0 Likes

Update 9/29/14: Found out today that BLE Audio has been pushed out and will no longer be included as part of the SDK 2.2 release. We do not have an ETA on when this feature will be released.

0 Likes