WICED™ Sense Development Kit ADC interface

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I would like to develop a custom product using WICED™ Sense Development Kit. I would like to know is it possible to interface any external IC to the WICED™ Sense Development Kit. Where can i find the technical data sheet for the BCM20737S. Is there ADC channels available in BCM20737S. Is there any headers available to interface the external IC. Which all interfaces are available in WICED™ Sense Development Kit.

Thanks and regards,

Shiju

1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pin#33(P8), #43(P12) and #44(P11) have ADC input function.

Pin#31(P2) can be used as SPI2 MOSI or CS and pin#37(P24) can be used as SPI2 CLK.

Only pin#21 and #22 support I2C function.

<Note>

Some GPIO ports are dual bonded internally.

(Ex: P8 and P33, P11 and P27, etc.)

Please check datasheet and schematic carefully.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

I would like to invite you to browse the below link where we post all the information you need for SENSE designs.

WICED Smart Documents & Downloads

0 Likes
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

And also this one:

WICED SENSE Kit BLOG

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.  I saw the schematic provided in the above link. In that schematic there is no headers available. There are 5 test points on pins 31,33,37,43,44. Is it possible to connect (solder ) other IC to this test points and interface them  to BCM20737S. What all are the alternative function of these pins? Is it possible to configure these pins as ADC, I2C,SPI etc? Where can i find the datasheet for BCM20737S?

Thanks and regards,

Shiju

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pin#33(P8), #43(P12) and #44(P11) have ADC input function.

Pin#31(P2) can be used as SPI2 MOSI or CS and pin#37(P24) can be used as SPI2 CLK.

Only pin#21 and #22 support I2C function.

<Note>

Some GPIO ports are dual bonded internally.

(Ex: P8 and P33, P11 and P27, etc.)

Please check datasheet and schematic carefully.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi dmiya,

I have searched to find the data sheet. I could not find a data sheet which explains the pin functions. Please can you post a link to the data sheet which gives the pin functions?

Thanks,

Shiju

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

BCM20737S datasheet is not available yet.

So please refer BCM20736S datasheet below.

BCM20736S Bluetooth Low Energy SiP Module Technical Reference

Please see BCM20737 SoC datasheet also.

BCM20737 SOC Data Sheet

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you for the valuable reply.

Thanks and Regards,

Shiju

0 Likes

Note that the WICED Sense board was designed for evaluation and that the TAG3/BCM92073X_LE_KIT is much better suited for this type of development as there is GPIO available on the headers provided which can be mapped to the internal ADC on the part.

This development board is also better supported through our internal team.

There is a series of good ADC related threads here: WICED Smart Forums

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

thank you for the reply.I am looking for a smallest form factor BLE device. I need only one more interface to the WICED Sense board. Is WICED Sense board suitable for my development? I think there is no power supply and gpio headers are available in WICED Sense board .

thanks in advance,

Shiju

0 Likes

The BCM92073X_LE_KIT is much better suited for this type of development.

Please contact your local Broadcom distributor for a quote: WICED Smart Partners

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you very much for the reply.

Best regards,

Shiju

0 Likes