Does anyone know how to handle of SCCB Interface by EZUSB_ReadI2C(), EZUSB_WriteI2c()?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        As i know, i2c master would be  need "ack" in send data or address. If the ack is not happpen from slave, master will be hang status. i worry about these situration problems. So i need to confirm what EZUSB_WriteI2C(), EZUSB_ReadI2C() is full cover to SCCB Interfaces.   
0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        we do have a reference design with Omnivision sensor integrated with FX2LP, where register setting for Omnivision sensor is done through FX2LP over I2C and the setup runs fine everytime. Why do you think the slave I2C device will not ack when written with address or data?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

I thnink that Fx2lp is become to master and cis camera is become to slave in my case. 

Standard i2c 's slave have to work with "ack" Got it?

But as i know SCCB, it's work don't care 9th bit. 

So I worry about this. 

For example)

In standard i2c on write, if master device not get ack signal from slave this system is not work until get ack signal from slave device(camera module).It's meaning that EZUSB_WriteI2C() wait the "ack" from slave device(camera module). 

But in the SCCB interface, slave device does not trans to ack signal to master

Here i worry about this.

If EZUSB_WriteI2C() function need ack signal , SCCB Interface  is not work. 

Does It make sense?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I am not sure about ACK in SCCB interface. If what you are saying is right, then you will have to implement I2C read/write functions through bit-banging.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do youhave  any experiance of this case?

What's do Other guys?

Is there any sccb interface experiance?

I just want to know what are EZUSB_ReadI2C() and EZUSB_WriteI2C() need to bit-bang for sccb interface?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I want to know how..   
0 Likes