What is the different between PSoC4xx7-BLE and CYBL10x6x?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jizh_296791
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone tell what is the different between PSoC4xx7-BLE and CYBL10x6x?

0 Likes
1 Solution
9 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

The PRoC is missing some components (e.g. OpAmps, UDBs). Its tailored for more specialized functionalities.

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

0 Likes
jizh_296791
Level 1
Level 1

It looks like in different way to discript the same chip.

What is the purpose to develop two BLE chips? Different application? But it looks same!

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

As hli stated: The chips are NOT the same. The PSoC4 chip carries the original architecture expanded with BLE, while the other chip is reduced in hardware, most difference is No (0) UDBs

Bob

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

They are as similar as lets say  40xx and a 42xx PSoC. Yes, they share the same basic architecture and the BLE function. But the PRoC is less capable, and can so be manufactured cheaper (it should be below 2$ in volume). So the target market is more specialized devices that don't need to full PSoC functionality, but are manufactured in high volume.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The basic difference is that the PROC (CYBL01xxx) devices don't have the UDBs. Probably cheaper and used where UDB flexibility is not needed or to upgrade existing designs to BLE.

0 Likes
jizh_296791
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks a lot. Now I know what chip I shall take.

0 Likes
JiGi_284761
Level 4
Level 4
Welcome!

I have to say that the kit is a bargain. You get a lot for the money. The CYBL10x6x seems to be mainly for use as a peripheral and the PSoC4xx7-BLE as a stand alone MC. I can only seem to get about 10 meters of range and even at that there is some errors. Chip antennas perhaps is the problem. Need to get some bare samples to play with and a wire antenna to find the true range.

It is a low energy radio and does have considerable battery life. SO if you want a class 1 device, this is not it. but if you want a local device, it is a great deal.

0 Likes