Default SlaveFIFOSync oddity when switching to 32-bit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just cranking on the default example included with the EZ-USB FX3 SDK for the slfifosync example.  There is a flag in the cyfxslfifosync.h file, CY_FX_SLFIFO_GPIF_16_32BIT_CONF_SELECT, which looks like it ought to work.  When I generate config files from the GPIF II Designer, the output files look like they match what would be selected based on that flag value.

I get it to work in 16 bit mode, the default for the example, but switching that flag to 1, setting it up for 32 bit mode, I don't get any data on the host side.  Advice?

-CL

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do the flags show? Do they go high on bootup?

And is the FPGA sending out data?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for responding,

In 32-bit mode, flags A & B are low at boot, and stay low.

When I run it in 16-bit mode, flags A & B are low at boot, and then as I transmit data they go high, and for every chunk of data or so they go low then high again.  When I quit transmitting data (ie quit transitioning PCLK), they stay high.

When I jump to 32-bit mode (change the 16/32 bit flag value), I'm doing the same thing as with 16-bit, ie putting data on the data pins and clocking PCLK, exact same way, but nothing happens.  The flags stay low permanently.

-CL

0 Likes