Stopping debugger

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaHu_285096
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

When I halt the debugger (Attached to MiniProg 3), the code continues to run. To get it to stop running, I again run the debugger to start of code and then stop.

Is there a button or something I can click that stops the code in the MiniProg 3 from running?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Yes, of course there is a button for "Halt execution", it looks like the "Pause" button on your video-player. In Creator -> Help there is a chapter "Using the Debugger" which explains some more commands thoroughly.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Yes, of course there is a button for "Halt execution", it looks like the "Pause" button on your video-player. In Creator -> Help there is a chapter "Using the Debugger" which explains some more commands thoroughly.

Bob

0 Likes
DaHu_285096
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

I have been pressing the STOP button and the code kept running in the Prog3. Pressing Pasue does stop the code and if I press Pause and then Stop, it remains stopped.

This was one of those little things I was meaning to sort out some time. Thanks Bob

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I am usually quite successful when pressing the "Halt Execution" button, last exit when in a dead loop. Does not work when I use some of the power-reducing states. BTW: The CPU in the target system gets stopped (not in the MiniProg) but the hardware keeps on running.

Bob

0 Likes