Query regarding code burning in PSOC 5LP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

Please pardon me if it is a naive question. I build my psoc code and it showed no error and I burned it using miniprog. I would like to know the name of the file that is being burned in the flash. For example, if my project name is "example" pre say, than there is one file named "example.hex". Is it the .hex file which is being burned? 

And secondly, if that is the case, I would like to give only this .hex file to my collague for testing and validation purposes and not the entire project. I dont want to share the code. He too has Psoc creator and miniprog at his disposal. Is it possible for him to just burn that .hex file.

What other files  or parameters should I need to give. Is there any other format in which the file is converted before burning? 

I know I am asking lots of questions but I really need to know the answers.

Thank you in advance

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You are quite right: the .HEX-file is the information that gets burnred  into the device. You will need a programmer like MiniProg3 and there is a programmer software that allows to program and to verify the programming.

Be sure that your college has got a MiniProg 3, there is a MiniProg (without the "3" that looks quite different and will not work.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply Bob, but I am still confused regarding the second part of my question. I am not giving the entire project to my colleague. I am only sharing with him the .hex file of my project. The question is, what is the procedure to burn only that .hex file in flash. Do you need to create a new project with the same name or what steps to follow?

Thanks in advance 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can use the PSoC programmer software and load the hex file to be download to your board. 

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

You will see in the results tab of Creator the hex file and the folder it

is in. Thats all you need and PSOC Programmer software and the Mini-

prog 3 to program another part.

You can see its naming is the name_of_the_project.hex

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your reply, now I am successfully able to upload my file using Programmer 🙂

0 Likes