How to compile the wiced sense firmware?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've setup the wiced smart SDK and put the wiced_sense firmware under the App folder of the SDK and tried compile and download the firmware by:

$ ./make wiced_sense-BCM920737TAG_Q32 download UART=/dev/ttyUSB0

Compiling wiced_sense.c

Linking target ELF

OK, made elf.

Call to wiced_sense_spar_crt_setup @ 00207971

OK, made /home/edwardrf/Workspaces/wiced/Wiced-Smart/spar/../../build/wiced_sense-BCM920737TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/A_20737A1-wiced_sense-rom-ram-spar.cgs. MD5 sum is:

176b2b490643d8036361c00039537247  ../../build/wiced_sense-BCM920737TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/A_20737A1-wiced_sense-rom-ram-spar.cgs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patches start at                  0x00204568 (RAM address)

Patches end at                    0x002052D0 (RAM address)

Application starts at             0x00204F70 (RAM address)

Application ends at               0x0020794E (RAM address)

Patch size (including reused RAM)       3432 bytes

Patch size                              2568 bytes

Application size                       10718 bytes

------

Total RAM footprint                    13286 bytes (13.0kiB)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Converting CGS to HEX...

Conversion complete

Creating OTA images...

Conversion complete

OTA image footprint in NV is 12823 bytes

Downloading application...

Download complete

Application running

However, the wiced ble device disappeared and not responding to button press, no sign of the app running at all, what did I do wrong here?

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I belive the answer is here within the code walkthrough Blog j.t created: WICED SENSE Kit BLOG

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I belive the answer is here within the code walkthrough Blog j.t created: WICED SENSE Kit BLOG

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it has something to do with the reset mechanism of the wiced sense. I ended up cracking the case open, disconnecting everything, pressed some hidden buttons randomly, and put it back together, and boom! it started working again!

Interesting. But the building environment works perfectly now.

Thanks for your help though, i've already followed that video.

I just find the Linux SDK contains its own version of make and perl very annoying, as perl requires some older version of libperl which my machine does not have, ended up i have to remove the old perl and make a symbolic link to the system perl for the compile process to work.

0 Likes