From Debug to Release: can't boot from FLASH

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everybody, I have a problem:

I developed my whole project testing it in debug mode with the miniprog3 (not providing the supply: It is externally generated), and everyting works in this way. Now it's time to use the device without the miniprog3 connected. I changed the configuration from "Debug" to "Release" but in this way I think the microcontroller doesn't boot: the absorbed current is only 10mA instead of 40mA of the previous case and no output is present.

I read some technical documents and if I've understood correctly, the programmed device should boot after it sees the supply ramp and the supply values became stable. Is it correct?

I didn't found a particular pin connection specification for flash booting. Is it requested?

Device: CY8C5467LTI

Psoc Creator 3.0 updated.

Any idea of what's going on?

Thanks in advance,

Matt.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

A PSoC needs the xres pin to do a precise reset. This pin is usually accessable and does work.

I would check the following:

Program your project in "Debug" mode using miniprog. Remove miniprog and re-power your board. When not working ==> Probably power/ground problem

When working, program in "Release" mode using miniprog. Remove miniprog and re-power your board. When not working ==> check *ALL* your global variables used in interrupt handlers for "volatile" declaration-

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bob,

it was a supply problem: cleaning the signal solved the issue.

Thank you for the support, 

Regards,

Matt

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Thank you, Matt, to keep us informed!

Bob

0 Likes