connection between xilinx sp605 and CYUSB3KIT

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! i've found this bridge board:

http://www.agile-sdr-solutions.com/

but it's too expensive. How can i do it in a cheaper way? Is there any FMC to GPIF II cable or connector?

thank you!

0 Likes
20 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont think $75 dollars is that expensive. You can always try designiing and etching your own PCB. But to solder the connectors may be tricky if you don't have the right equipment.

Jon 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We don't have any other interconnection boards which comes for less price than that.

Please create a tech support case to get the schematics of that board, if you have plans to do it on your own.

Thanks,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        We found the price was OK, ordered and PAYED a Cypress "FX3 DVK To ALTERA FPGA DVKs BRIDGE BOARD" from 'agile-sdr-solutions'. You should know that we never received the board. Meanwhile we are not able to contact 'agile solutions' any more, neither by email, nor by phone. The question is: Does 'agile-solutions' exist any more? If anybody has contact to 'agile-Solutions' please let me know.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same problem and decided to make my own bridge board (2 layers), optimized for 32 bit synchronous fifo.

If you are interested i can give you the gerber files.

Of course you need to buy the connectors and find a way to solder them.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi Kaiyu, is your bridge board design connecting to Altera or Xilinx DVK? If your design is made to connect the Altera DVK your offer is very generous and will be gratefully accepted. Thanks Mike   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mike! unfortunately it's designed for FMC LPC connector wich is on spartan 6 evaluation board.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi Kaiyu, yes, that does not work together with the Altera DVK. It seems to me we need to design our own brigde board since 'agile-sdr.solutions' does not respond to any contact attempts. Does anybody know a second source for those brigde boards? Mike   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I ordered the Altera bridge board from Agile SDR Solutions 2 weeks ago - but no resposnse so far. They did not send an order confirmation, they do not respond to e-mail and their telephone seems to be switched off? Is this company still alive? Can anybody recommend another solution? Thanks, Markus

Hi Kaiyu, yes, that does not work together with the Altera DVK. It seems to me we need to design our own brigde board since 'agile-sdr.solutions' does not respond to any contact attempts. Does anybody know a second source for those brigde boards?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kaiyu.

I ordered the xilinx bridge board from Agile Solutions 1 week ago. I sent an e-mail to request order confirmation but they do not respond.

I need bridge board to connect SP605 board.

If you possible, would you send me an e-mail the bridge gerber filesz(you made)?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        for who needs the gerber file pls contact me in pvt: kaiyu.lin@mail.polimi.it   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had similar experience with Agile Solutions, wanted to buy Cypress FX3 development kit so I ordered one, after a few weeks sent a couple of e-mails asking about my order and never got any reply. Fortunately at least I got my money back thanks to PayPal buyer protection mechanisms.

Eventually I ordered DVK from farnell and created my own QTH-060 breakout board for easy prototyping.

It's working great so far.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anybody have Gerber file or know where it is possible to purchase Cypress FX3 DVK To ALTERA FPGA DVKs bridge board.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Please find attached the complete board files that include the schematics and the gerber files for Samtec to FMC interconect board. Please let us know if you need any further information.  

Thanks,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Sai Krishna,

Can you please provide schematics and the gerber files for Samtec to HSMC interconect board?

--

Best regards,

Albert

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Albert,

I have the schematics of HSMC connector and please find the same as attachment to this post.

I will get the gerber files on monday and I will upload here.

Thanks,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Albert,

Please find the hardware files of HSMC interconnect board...

Thanks,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Sai Krishna,

Thanks a lot !!!

--

Best regards,

Albert

0 Likes
grbac_300821
Level 1
Level 1

Kaiyu,

Would you be able to post your 2 layer design?  I have altium.

Thanks,

Greg

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be careful: we bought the USB 3.0 FX3 Bridge Board from Agile, but it has been very hard to deal with them. We were not able to get from them the correct invoice. After two attempts we had to accept their undervalue invoice. I suggest to ask them a proform invoice before issuing the order.

Marcello

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems you can now purchase these directly from the Cypress store at the following link:

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=96352

Very nice.

0 Likes