Problem loading hex file

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
such_285811
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I am new to capsense. I have CY8C20637-24LQXI and I am trying to dump hex file into it using MiniProg 1. However I am facing issue in same. I am getting protect failed error. I think there is no issue with connection as I can successfully update firmware. Log of process is same as below..

Programming Terminated
===> Protect Failed
Doing Protect
Program & Verify Succeeded
Program & Verify Starting
Erase Succeeded
Silicon: 0149, Family/Die: 55, Major Rev: A
Program Requested at 6:50:21 PM

Please provide me with some inputs or suggestions so I can overcome this issue.

Thanks,

Sujit

0 Likes
9 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Edit the file "flashsecurity.txt" and adapt it to your needed values. Probably there is an error within. Start by setting all rows to "W" and ensure that there are entries for exactly the amount of flash your device has got.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
such_285811
Level 1
Level 1

Thank You.

After editing flashsecurity.txt, I tried to dump hex file, but still it giving same error.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Are you supplying power to your target from extern?

If so, set the "Power Settings" to external. In any case, set the "Acquire Mode" to "Reset"

Bob

0 Likes
such_285811
Level 1
Level 1

No.. I am not aplying power externally.

Sujit

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try erasing your chip and then reprogram it

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
such_285811
Level 1
Level 1

I erase flash memory,but still it giving same error.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a problem i'm facing when there is loose contact between the Miniprog1 and the header. 

When this occur I dissassemble the miniprog1 and I put a needdle at the rear of the connector to put the contact in the right position. It then gives a firm contact for some time.

Also you could try to read from your chip for valid data. If you can't read it correctly I would really check your contact.

0 Likes
such_285811
Level 1
Level 1

After varifying all connection, I do it again, but still same error.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I suggest you to get help from Cypress by creating a "MyCase". Use at top of this page "Support & Community -> Technical Support -> Create a MyCase". You may post a reference to this thread in your description, so that Cypress sees what already has gone on. Please be so kind to keep us informed.

Bob

0 Likes