Detecting New Bootloadable

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Is there a method to detect that the bootloader has loaded a new version of a bootloadable.  The reason I ask is the bootloadable program needs to set the default values of a number of parameters in EEPROM after a new version has been loaded into the PSoC 3.  Currently I have the user set the default values via a clickable entry in a host application.   I would like to have the newly uploaded bootloadable program detect that it is a new version and set the defaults automatically.  Is there register bit somewhere that gets set by the bootloader when it loads new firmware?  This bit would then be reset by the bootloadable program.  (Something along that line)

I hope that made sense.

Thanks,

Ron

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I solved a similar problem by storing the bootloadable version number in EEProm and compare it with a version stored in flash. So I could decide to run an update-program which was part of the new bootloadable. As part of the update the new version number was stored in EEProm.

Hope that helps

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

Excellent suggestion !  That solves the issue and easy to implement.

Thanks,

Ron

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Ron, you are always welcome!

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable