AN75779 - not able to get 10 M resolution video

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Using this application note and suitably modifying the uvc descriptors and sensor initializations, I have been able to get video at resolutions till                    3264 by 2448 (approx 8M).  But I am not able to get the full 10 M video that the sensor has capability for (3664 by 2748).  Is there a limitation on the size of video that I can stream through this setup.  I am ok with reducing frame rate to less than 5 also if that's what it means to get this working.  I tried the same by modifying the UVC descriptors but have not had luck with this so far.  Thanks in advance for any pointers on this.

regards

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chandar,     

What exactly is the behavior if you are going for 3664 x 2748.     

Is it not enumerating at all or you are not seeing any image on the host application.     

Have you checked whether you are receiving data from image sensor to FX3 DMA buffers.     

Please share more details so that we can help you in solving your issue.     

Thanks,     

Sai Krishna.     

0 Likes
leda_289486
Level 5
Level 5
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hi,

I guess I can have this explaination : the 3664x2748 isn't working because it can not be divided by 1024. Your first 8M resolution can be divided by 1024.

Think links to a request to cypress : why ONLY 1024-multiple ISO data buffers can be sent ? Any other programmation leads to error...

With FX2 it was for example possible to set a multiple 1000-buffers, with FX3 this is no more possible (whereas regarding the USB norm, it should be).

Best Regards

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

where are you download the AN75779 sample code ???   can you help me  about how to download the sample code? because I only found the pdf spec and the related resource has no AN5779 sample code. 

Thank you very much!

t

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks DamL.  I tried your approach - made the video the closest possible to 10 M that is also multiple of 1024 (3648 by 2736) and it worked.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

ebag,

You can find the project files from the following link:

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=62824

Download AN75779.zip file.

Chandar,

Good to hear that your demo is working.

Thanks,

Sai Krishna.

0 Likes