is it possible to reprogram the psoc5lp without removing the usb

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cant seem to reprogram the psoc5lp over usb without having to having to remove the USB cord.  The reset button does not seem to do much either.

0 Likes
3 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

What is the error you see or the behaviour while attempting

to program ? Is the board powered by external supply or USB ?

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It programs the first time and then i receive a general error 100 when trying to reprogram.  I totally left out an important detail, I am on OSX running parallels. 

0 Likes
WaMa_286156
Level 5
Level 5
First comment on blog 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

In my experience using VMWARE, after the board is programmed, depending upon the hiccup that OSX gets on the USB disconnect/reconnect (due in part to the software the board is running), the virtual handler may not automatically reconnect the "new" USB device to your windows virtual machine.

See if parallels sees the USB device as some new device.  If so, see if you can tell Parallels to reconnect the device to the Windows machine automatically when it sees it. Do that for all the USB devices that the board presents to you during your testing.

That *may* allow the programmer to talk to the device and cause it to be programmable again.  I'm not certain this will work for you, as I am not familiar with Parallels, but this kind of problem presents itself with VMWare also.

0 Likes